Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects?
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
The Northrop Grumman Technology Services team is seeking an experienced system administrator interested in professional and personal advancement prospects in a challenging work environment supporting the US Army Mission
Command Training Program (MCTP). The administrator will help define the future by working side by side with US Department of Defense civilians, US military and personnel from other Governmental organizations. The team supports US Army simulation-based training out of Fort Leavenworth, Kansas, and employs the Army's Warfighters' Simulation (WARSIM). The team's system administrators prepare WARSIM and its components for operation during MCTP
Warfighter Exercises (WFX). They prepare simulation components for shipment to and from training exercise sites across the United States and overseas. Our system administrators build and distribute hard drive images; install, configure and administer servers and client workstations; load software patches and security updates. They set-up, test and monitor the performance of both Microsoft and Red Hat Linux-based servers and workstations, and respond to trouble calls at the exercise training site. Other duties include the installation, configuration and set-up of exercise control and collaboration client computers; routine maintenance of MCTP systems hardware and software; and assistance with troubleshooting and repairing local area networks.
- The ability to obtain a US Secret security clearance is required. Interim Secret clearance is required to start work.
- The applicant must have an Associate's Degree or a minimum of two years of computer system administration experience.
- The applicant must acquire a CompTIA A , Network or Security certification and a Computing Environment certificate in a manager-approved systems area within six months of hire.
- Continuing education in Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS)/Microsoft Certified Information Technology Professional (MCITP) or Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) computing environments is an ongoing requirement.
- An applicant must be able to lift equipment containers weighing 50lb.
- Applicants must also be willing to travel approximately one half of each year in the United States and overseas to support simulation-based Army training exercises.
- Familiarity with US Army organizations, systems and operations is a plus.
- Our system administrators have or are working towards a Bachelor's Degree.
Preferred Qualifications: Military experience and knowledge of US Army organizations, systems and operations are invaluable. CompTIA, Microsoft and Red Hat Linux computing environment certifications are preferred.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.