HVAC/R Technician - Field Services
Live Where You Play - Deep Creek Lake
Beitzel Corporation is a commercial, industrial construction and service company with over 44 years of success in a broad scope of industries and it is peacefully headquartered in the mountains surrounding Deep Creek Lake in Garrett County, Maryland. Enjoy fresh living and a fresh perspective serving as an HVAC/R Service and Installation Technician as part of our HVAC/R Services team.
Beitzel Corporation is a commercial/industrial, construction and service company with over 40 years of experience in a broad mix of commercial and industrial markets including the energy, mining, industrial construction, and aggregate industries. Corporate Headquarters is in Grantsville, Maryland with several offices throughout the region. Beitzel Corporation offers a positive, safe work environment, competitive wages, excellent health insurance including: medical, dental and vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, 401(k) with a company match, company vehicles (if the position requires), travel pay, paid holidays and paid time off.
Beitzel Corporation is now accepting applications for (1) full-time HVAC/R Technician. The HVAC/R Technician will be responsible for performing repairs, maintenance and installs on a wide variety of commercial, industrial and residential HVAC/R equipment. The HVAC/R Technician will be expected to perform minor electrical and plumbing/piping repairs, as well. This customer service position will require a flexible schedule, which may include emergency call-out work, evenings, weekends, holidays, and may also include out-of-town/out-of-area work.
The HVAC/R Technician will report to the HVAC/R Group management and work out of the Beitzel Shop located in Grantsville, MD but most dispatches will be from home to the first job.
- Primarily responsible for service work, repairs, maintenance, performing installs to a variety of equipment, including but not limited to: commercial, industrial and residential air conditioning, refrigeration, electric motors, heating units, heat pumps, compressors, furnaces, boilers, burners, intake and exhaust fans, economizers and humidifiers.
- Trouble-shoot and diagnose air conditioning, heating units and various other associated HVAC/R equipment
- Trouble-shoot and install natural gas, LP gas and fuel oil burners and furnace systems
- Direct contact with commercial and industrial customers to maintain and build the HVAC/R client base.
- Perform basic electrical trouble shooting and repair
- Perform basic plumbing trouble shooting and repair
- Perform code-compliant work relating to HVAC/R, plumbing and electrical repair, maintenance and installation
- Provide detailed paperwork and documentation to ensure accurate record keeping, billing and inventory
- Work professionally, independently and manage time in accordance with scheduled work
- Monitor and maintain inventory to ensure availability of essential parts, materials, tools and equipment
- Maintain company tools, equipment and vehicles in a professional and workman-like manner
- Perform other duties as assigned and assist in other areas of the company
- Must possess a Journeyman or Master license to perform HVAC/R work with at least 3+ years of repair, installation (preferred), and maintenance experience or lead mechanic experience. 1+ years of Service Experience preferred. (Residential experience may be considered.)
- Must possess Universal EPA (Sect 608) Refrigerant and Recovery Certification
- Must possess knowledge of materials, methods, equipment and tools involved in the installation, repair and maintenance of HVAC/R systems
- Possess a mechanical aptitude and an ability to problem solve based on the refrigeration cycle and electrical circuit theory.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics and plumbing/piping drawings
- Must have strong customer service skills and enjoy working with the public
- Willing and able to work a flexible schedule to include weekends, extended hours and call-out work
- Must be dependable; trustworthy; possess a positive attitude; and work well with customers and co-workers.
- Ability and willingness to meet with customers (both existing and potential) to promote Beitzel HVAC/R as well as other Field Services
- Ability to foster confidence with customers and maintain repeat business
- Demonstrated history of Safety and Safety Awareness
- Ability to establish and build confidence with customers and maintain repeat business
- Driver's License
- Universal EPA Refrigerant/Recovery
- Journeyman HVAC/R License (Apprentice License considered).
Working ConditionsThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to:
- Regularly walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb ladders and stairs; and crawl
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds unassisted
- Must be safety and customer-focused, without exception
- Required safety equipment: Steel toe and/or metatarsal shoes, protective eye wear, gloves, hard hat, and hearing protection
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must possess a valid and appropriate state driver’s license prior to employment
- This position requires the completion of a thorough pre-employment background check including employment and education verification, SSN eVerify, employment references, and pre-employment drug screening. In accordance with our Company Substance Abuse Policy, employees are required to participate in random, post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing.
Beitzel Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide opportunities without regard to any protected classes under applicable law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.