The Manager of Data Analytics and Insights will demonstrate a mastery of the tools, understand the business needs for their focus domain area, and be able to guide and influence their team to meet deliverables in their area of expertise. This role will provide strategic and technical direction for area of expertise and whose teams tasks will include but not be limited to: analyzing trends, defining KPIs and methodology, designing experiments, working to help answer key business questions to help make decisions. The incumbent must be hands-on, results driven, and be able to articulate insights with the stakeholders that they partner with. They will ensure the business understands the effects of a new product/process. The role includes cooperation and coordination with various functions and leaders within the company and requires excellent communication skills. The incumbent will be required to develop and mentor other analysts.
- Develop and mentor the team to influence the business with timely and accurate data insights and visualization.
- Lead by example to build a culture of accountability and rigor to substantiate proven business impact.
- Evolve and accelerate measurement practices, including novel test designs that ensure incremental learnings and modern sampling procedures to streamline results generation.
- Use data to analyze and evaluate, transform data and insights into business recommendations, communicate learnings and recommendations to various audiences of all levels.
- Support the build-out of performance reporting dashboards that scales with our global business.
- Work through tracking and data integrity issues with cross functional stakeholders in Engineering and Product teams.
- Bring clarity to KPIs, performance drivers, and competitive trends.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Math, Computer Science, Operations Research, Statistics and other related degrees.
- 8 years of experience or relevant work experience in analytics, finance, or consulting roles.
- Experience using tools such as SQL/ SAS to assess datasets and recommend solutions.
- 2-3 years of experience managing a high-performance team of analysts.
- Experience mentoring and developing team members.
- Strong technical and quantitative background with outstanding analytical skills and the ability to synthesize situations for corresponding solutions, options and action plans to impact efficiency, and improvements to the business.
- In-depth knowledge in using tools needed for their focus domain area (examples: SQL, Python, R etc.)
- Ability to establish strong partnerships within different levels in the organization while adjusting communication as necessary to the specified audience.
- Data analysis, interpretation and the presentation of credible, business-focused recommendations.
- Ability to take initiative and manage deadlines and handle multiple priorities simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work with engineering teams and define tracking requirements.
- Exposure to applied statistics.
- Strong visualization skills.
- Advanced Excel knowledge.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Experience using BiqQuery, Google Cloud Platform a plus.