The Mgr Compliance is responsible for managing a team whose primary responsibilities are to identify patterns of potentially suspicious transactional activity and investigate suspected activities as they relate to potential fraudulent transactions, money laundering and/or terrorist financing, and to maintain compliance and regulatory reporting in accordance with the Bank Secrecy Act and international regulations. The incumbent is responsible for mentoring supervisors and staff to enhance the effectiveness of the government reporting program for MoneyGram's Transaction Monitoring & Reporting group.
- Provides direct management, feedback, instruction, guidance and direction to staff.
- Ensures direct report(s) are proactively developing and implementing standards, processes, methodologies, metrics and internal controls to support organizational objectives and mitigate exposure.
- Executes strategies and holds direct reports accountable for mitigating exposure by escalating activity to other areas where appropriate.
- Ensures staff is well-trained and knowledgeable by developing and providing training on relevant topics.
- Identifies policy and procedural enhancements based on business challenges and BSA, AML, Fraud and Government Sanctions, including OFAC, requirements.
- Manages changes to procedures, regulatory reporting processes and exception reporting.
- Ensures proper process controls are continually identified and implemented to mitigate operational risk.
- Develops AML Key Risk and Key Performance Indicators.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for the department, as well as on a variety of projects related to new products and services.
- Keeps abreast of important and relevant AML/Fraud issues, laws and regulations that impact the business.
- Identifies trends and opportunities to further improve the company's AML compliance program.
- Establishes and maintains close working relationships with industry experts, regulators and law enforcement officials to understand current expectations.
- Supports and leads the development and/or enhancements affecting systems utilized for alert analysis.
- Enhances management reports and operational reports to include KRIs, KPIs and trends and analysis.
- Conducts continuous analysis to ensure senior management understand AML trends and news in order to mitigate risks.
- Provides and presents monthly/weekly operational metrics and results of trend analyses to Compliance Senior Management and other key stakeholders.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS in business, finance, law enforcement, legal studies or related field or equivalent work experience in related area.
- CAMS certification, preferred.
- MBA, preferred.
- 5-7 years' compliance work experience in a banking or financial services environment.
- Working knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act and AML Regulations, US Patriot Act, Office of Foreign Assets Control (strongly preferred – outside of US; required for US).
- Proven experience and ability to operate multi-nationally with regulators, law enforcement, business partners and agents.
- Demonstrated leadership/team management, preferably in a remote environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of the MoneyGram's business practices, organizational structure and general policies and procedures, preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to draft clear and professional correspondence, policies, procedures and other documents of a legal and business nature.
- Excellent analysis and problem solving skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to resolve customer complaints.
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately work with confidential information.
- Excellent communication skills – ability to facilitate the collection of information through interviews, meetings etc.
- Demonstrated persuasive, professional oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to employ tact and to appropriately adjust communications when interacting with individuals at varying levels in the organization.
- Experience communicating with regulators and law enforcement agencies.
- Experience in public speaking and making clear and persuasive business presentations.
- Excellent demonstrated organizational skills, including time management, record keeping, self-scheduling, and follow-up.
- Superior knowledge of MS Word, and knowledge of drafting software.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to act independently.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Additional language skills - As appropriate to the region, preferred.