Meadowbrook Care Center
632 Windsor Way. Van Alstyne, TX 75495
P: 903-482-6455 | F: 903-482-6048
Meadowbrook Care Center is a 60-bed skilled-nursing facility located just blocks from downtown Van Alstyne, Texas right off of Route 76. Our mission at Meadowbrook Care Center is to create a caring and supportive environment for the people we serve, and their families, recognizing each resident's uniqueness in an environment that encourages kindness and respect. We recognize and support self-directed care so residents are able to maintain their independence and control their own care.
About the Position:
Culinary Arts is a calling, a passion. Our residents and patients look forward to their meal times and have high expectations of our nutrition staff. We are searching for an experienced and enthusiastic Cook to create fresh, delicious meals for our patients and residents. Utilize your background in culinary arts. If cooking is your passion, apply today!
The Cook prepares food for regular and therapeutic diets according to the planned menu, while utilizing standardized recipes to do so. They ensure that food prepared is of proper quantity and in accordance with established time schedules. In order to ensure that the proper quantity of food is prepared, the Cook with utilize the correct portion control utensils during the preparation and duration of food service. They will check and maintain proper food temperatures during food preparation and services, making sure to record those temperatures according to the established policy. The Cook will also ensure that an adequate supply of food, supplies, etc. are available at all times; reporting inadequate stock levels to the supervisor in a timely manner. In addition to these core responsibilities, the Cook may perform other duties as assigned by the Dietary Manager as necessary.
- Must possess at minimum a High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Must have, as a minimum, one year dietary experience in a hospital, skilled nursing care facility, or other related medical facility.
- Food handler's permit
- Any combination of experience and training which provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities.
- Must be able to speak, understand, and write fluently in English
All of our employees are valued and receive a competitive hourly rate; our full time team members are valued and offered a benefit package designed to fit their needs and those of their family, which includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance/ Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance Coverage
- Short and Long-Term Disability Options
- Tuition Reimbursement & Nursing Loan Repayment Programs
- 401 (k) Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- DailyPay option available! – Get your pay, when you need it.
- MetLife Auto and Home Insurance - employee discount available
- Helping Friends Foundation
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Tickets at Work - entertainment ticket discounts
- Purchasing Power - online purchase/payroll deduction
- In-facility education programs and more!
- Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Vets/Disabled. Drug-free/Smoke-free work environment.
Req. ID:012226 | 90790 - Meadowbrook Care Center