The Assistant Manager assists the Property Manager with activities involved in the successful day-to-day operation of the community with strong emphasis on accounts receivable and leasing.
• Determines the new interest rate annually and revises the security deposit interest forms
• Establishes and maintain good relations with residents, prospective residents, vendors, and co-workers
• Maintains controls over Accounts Receivables. Maintains Village Green’s targeted delinquency goal of less than .005% of annual GPI. Applies payments to resident ledgers; make daily bank deposits; follow-up with telephone calls and/or collection or demand notices (letters) to insure prompt payment by residents; creates and delivers NSF notification letters; adjusts/corrects resident ledgers; inputs concessions; updates lease information/changes; etc.
• Maintains current and complete property management software information. Inputs daily activities such as move-ins and move-outs, notices to vacate, resident transfers, lease renewals, lease changes, household and occupant demographics, search tag information, application approval/rejections, cancellations, etc.
• Administers the lease renewal program.
• Generates and delivers general correspondence to residents, vendors, and prospective residents such as, lease violations, certificates of insurance updates, application rejection letters, etc.
• Inspects condition of move-outs in a timely manner in order to document charges prior to reconciling security deposits
• Maintains collection policy for residents who moved out with a balance on their account.
• Assists in monitoring property condition; report concerns/liabilities to property manager/maintenance supervisor
• Adheres to established policies related to fair housing
• Performs general office duties: answers the telephone; writes service requests, newsletters, files, monitors and orders office supplies and printed materials, etc.
• Performs, when asked, property manager duties in absence of Property Manager
• 4 year degree preferred
• Previous experience in Property Management a must
• Previous supervisory skills required
• Requires good computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft Word and property management software (MRI and RealPage/OneSite), and prefer some experience in Excel
• Good organizational skills
• A basic understanding of accounting principles and office administration
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Must be team oriented
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. Our locations are drug-free and pre-employment drug tests are required. Background checks are also required before employment begins.