The Bank Lending Products and Distribution group is seeking a high potential Ultra High Net Worth Senior Banker who will consider the financial needs of the client and recommend bank lending solutions to Schwab's Financial Consultants (FCs) and their Ultra High Net Worth (UHNW) clients. Bank lending products include residential mortgages, home equity lines of credit, and securities based lending. Schwab Bank also offers trust services and deposit products including checking and savings accounts. The UHNW Senior Banker will be responsible for serving clients with $20MM+ in assets, and will work closely with partners across the Bank including the Bank Sales Team, Bank Credit Team, Pledged Asset Line Support Team, Mortgage Concierge Team and Trust and Deposit service teams. Collaborating with these teams is critical to developing solutions and recommendations meeting the unique needs of UHNW clients. This role encompasses internal marketing such as office visits and client meetings as requested by FCs and their UHNW clients. The UHNW Senior Banker will also coordinate with UHNW clients' accountants, attorneys or other professionals as needed.
What you are good at
- Advise UHNW clients on appropriate Bank lending, deposit and trust solutions including products, pricing and recommended deal structures. Gather information from clients using internal and external resources for the completion of the application process.
- Partner with Financial Consultants in assigned region to discuss UHNW client base and identify lending, deposit and trust opportunities and recommend opportunity action plans.
- Establish a reputation of execution and excellence. Gain confidence of FCs to fully develop lending, deposit and trust opportunities with their UHNW clients.
- Develop and present lending, deposit and trust solutions; advise partners, such as credit and legal teams, as needed.
- Take ownership of banking client experience from initial contact to loan funding or account establishment, working closely with partners and third party providers to ensure a smooth process for UHNW clients.
- Work with and communicate effectively with Financial Consultants, Branch Managers, and Branch teammates.
- Responsible for the early identification of complex transaction structures, such as: entity, trust, guarantor, co-op, unique property requirements, condensed time-frames, properties under construction, and need for multiple co-borrowers.
- Maintain full awareness of status for all UHNW banking applications in pipeline and function as primary Schwab Bank liaison for all parties involved in bank account opening process, including service, credit, risk and third party vendors.
- Address all issues surfaced during loan process and assist with underwriting requests for additional information as needed.
What you have
- Minimum of 5 years of successful lending consultation and business development experience with a private bank or working closely with UHNW clients.
- Expert knowledge of credit products including residential mortgage products, home equity lines of credit, and securities based loans. Familiarity with bank deposit, cash management products and brokerage margin product as well as business banking requirements and structures.
- Proven ability to analyze cash flow and balance sheet of UHNW retail brokerage clients and develop client's personal financial statement. General understanding of estate planning techniques, entity structuring, and tax strategies.
- Strong skills in subtlety, discretion, and professionalism; ability to efficiently, thoughtfully & professionally screen, manage and/or decline transactions while maintaining FC and UHNW client relationships.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills. Outstanding presentation skills.
- Positive relationship building capabilities with Financial Consultants, Branch Managers, UHNW clients, and matrix partners (e.g., service, credit, risk and third party vendors).
- Excellent collaboration skills in a team environment.
- Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task and work efficiently, independently and with teams, to meet tight deadlines with minimal direct supervision.
- Strong command of mortgage underwriting guidelines. Completion of formal credit training strongly preferred.
- NMLS license required or to be acquired within 90 days of employment.
- Banking background with experience working with HNW brokerage clients strongly preferred.
- Undergraduate degree required; advanced degree preferred.
- Series 7 and 63 and or 66 license required.
You demonstrate these behaviors:
- Fostering Teamwork: As a team member, the ability and desire to work reciprocally with those on the team; as a team leader, interest, skill, and success in getting groups to learn to work together harmoniously.
- Customer Orientation: Demonstrated concern for satisfying one's external and/or internal customers.
- Diagnostic Information Gathering: Identifying the information needed to clarify a situation, seeking that information from appropriate sources, and using skillful questioning to draw out the information when others are reluctant to disclose it.
- Building Collaborative Relationships: The ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with those inside or outside of the organization who can provide information, assistance and support.
- Results Orientation: Focusing on the desired end result of one's own or one's units work; setting challenging goals, focusing effort on the goals, and meeting or exceeding them.
At Schwab, “Own Your Tomorrow“ embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees unleash their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in disrupting a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth. We're a modern financial services firm that stands apart from the industry, where you can go as far as your ambition takes you.
Hear from employees: What's it like to work at Schwab!
The benefits of working at Schwab: a package designed to empower your health, wealth, career and life.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.)
Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace.
We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.