JOIN A FAST-GROWING NATIONWIDE TELECOM TECH SERVICES COMPANY!
POSITION: Generator Technician
LOCATION: Fresno, CA
Pearce Services (www.Pearce-Services.com) is a leading, nationwide provider of mission-critical, outsourced network operations and engineering services for the wireline and wireless telecommunications industries is seeking a skilled Generator Technicians to join our team servicing and repairing commercial generators on cell phone towers. This is a fast-paced and demanding job that is best suited for individuals who work well under pressure, are self-directed, highly motivated, willing to travel, and looking to learn and grow in the Telecom industry.
The Generator Technician will be maintaining generators, diagnosing and repairing problems, or installing and replacing components or entire systems; performing additional maintenance or upgrades on out of season equipment; conducting performance checks and regular maintenance to ensure the proper readiness.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Install, maintain, repair or correct problems
- Read and follow blueprints or other design specifications to install or repair
- Install electrical wiring and controls; test for proper operation
- Install fuel and water supply lines, pumps and other components
- Connect electrical wiring
- Use care to conserve, recover, and recycle the oil or fuel filters and other fluids
- Assist in troubleshooting and repair with other Generator Service Technicians
- Be responsible for responding promptly/timely to Power/Generator alarms; have the ability to be on call 24/7 if necessary; respond promptly in answering assigned phone and email
- Operate a computer, or similar devices to access required systems and equipment
- Work independently with minimum or no supervision
- Perform work with the awareness of all potential hazards connected with the installation and maintenance of power supply equipment, switching gear and other equipment, including but not limited to falls, electric shock, falling objects, and traffic; use safety equipment and utilize safety practices; attend and participate in all designated safety and training meetings
- Comply with all specifications, industry standards, safety rules and regulations, and Company policies and procedures
QUALIFICATIONS and REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge and skills usually acquired through a high school diploma, two-year experience with Generator maintenance preferred customer service; minimum of one year of intense work-related experience with Generator and electrical maintenance related software, hardware, and processes.
- Thorough knowledge of Generator installations, maintenance, and repair of Generators; knowledge of electronic, mechanical and electrical components; familiar with solar panels, moderate computer skills; basic knowledge of pertinent FCC/FAA/EPA/OSHA regulations.
- The Generator Technician position requires lifting over 50 pounds, stooping, bending, kneeling, squatting, climbing and standing for long periods of time; must have an unimpaired hearing, able to communicate orally and via telephone; must be willing and able to drive long distances, workday, evening or night hours; overtime, emergency call-outs, weekends and holidays as required; must assume 24-hour on-call duty when assigned and be gone from home for extended periods of time.
COMPENSATION and BENEFITS:
The company offers a family-friendly and innovative culture with opportunities for growth, comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, life insurance), paid time off, and a 401k retirement plan with a 4% match. Also provided is a company vehicle, phone, laptop or tablet (if required for your role), and all necessary tools and safety equipment.
For immediate consideration, please apply at the provided link and submit your current resume.