STATUS: Non-exempt, regular full-time, 40 hours per week
Purpose: Call Center position intended to service incoming calls from existing and prospective clients. Identify the type of assistance the caller needs and either provide the solution personally, or work with partners to service the client. Goal is to be a one stop shop from the client's perspective.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: With or without reasonable accommodation must be able to perform all essential job functions as described below.
- Service incoming telephone calls from clients and identify their needs, problems and concerns. As required, be an informational resource to help clarify Bank notices and alerts; process client requests; conduct research across multiple databases/departments to resolve or facilitate the resolution of issues; and educate the client on the benefits of CVCB products and services, along with the multiple on-line and telephone resources available to them. Collaborate with appropriate departments and subject-matter experts, as needed. Waive fees and services charges as deemed prudent/necessary to support the client.
- Facilitate the client's selection, application, opening and activation of various bank products and services, including checking and savings accounts, consumer loans, VISA cards, and on-line services. Verify supporting documentation. Demonstrate the best way for the client to access the products and services of their choosing. As needed, introduce the client to other product and service specialists, such as mortgage and investments. Coordinate appointments and conduct follow-up calls to ensure client's needs are met and expectations are exceeded.
- Perform a profile analysis on current and prospective consumer and business clients. Document the findings to facilitate future business development opportunities.
- Initiate quality assurance calls to clients to evaluate their satisfaction with the services and assistance provided.
- Complete new account set ups for special services such as product management accounts, trusts etc., for the Cash Management Team.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency with Windows PC computer navigation, Internet browsers, and email applications.
- Knowledge of and ability to navigate core operating, document management, and/or transaction processing system(s).
- Knowledge of bank products, services and terminology.
- Aptitude and enthusiasm for client service and sales.
- Demonstrated proficiency managing and resolving conflicts that meet client needs and expectations in compliance with bank policies and procedures.
- Effective problem-solving skills with the ability to gather relevant information, evaluate solutions and make appropriate decisions.
- Aptitude for detail and organization.
- Professional and service-oriented customer service skills.
- Exceptional verbal communication skills.
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division).
- Ability to independently manage tasks and priorities.
- Knowledge of and ability to complete tasks in compliance with applicable federal and state banking regulations.
Experience and/or Education:
Call Center Representative minimum:
- Six months of customer service experience.
- Two years of recent experience in a customer service call-center, preferred.
Client Success Representative minimum:
- One year of experience assisting clients with the opening of new accounts (conversational, regulatory, technical).
- Experience working in a call center environment, preferred.
- Two years of experience opening new accounts and accepting loan applications, preferred. Knowledge of financial industry operations and Customer Relationship Management (CRM), preferred.