Warehouse Associate 1
We are looking for a dedicated Warehouse Associate to load, unload, and move materials within the warehouse by performing the following duties. Other duties may be assigned for our warehouse associate. In this position, the warehouse associate:
- Reads work order or follows oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved.
- Opens warehouse containers.
- Loads and unloads materials in warehouse onto or from pallets, trays, racks and shelves by hand.
- Loads materials into trailers by hand or with forklift and installs strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit.
- Conveys materials from storage or work sites to designated area in the warehouse.
- Counts, weighs, and records number of units of materials moved or handled on daily production sheet.
- Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information on warehouse boxes.
- Lifts heavy objects by hand or with a lift truck, and cleans work area, machines, and equipment to assist forklift operators.
- Operates industrial truck or pallet jack to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
- Keeps warehouse and work areas clean.
- Any other projects as assigned by manager.
- Must pass a complete background check and drug screen
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1 year or combination of warehouse or related forklift experience and/or training.
- General math skills and comprehension of work orders.
- Must have experience with material handling equipment to include: stock picker, sit-down forklift and reach truck.
- Must be able to complete re-certification of stock picker, sit-down forklift or reach truck.
Physical/Mental Demands & Working Conditions
The warehouse associate position requires the ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities in the following environment:
- Occasional long, irregular hours, depending on deadlines.
- Frequent bending, twisting, crouching, pulling, pushing, and/or reaching.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
- Work in extreme hot and cold conditions inside warehouse.