Together we move the Atoms that move the World:
Imagine working on the front lines of innovation! As one of the semiconductor industry's leading suppliers of wafer fabrication equipment and services, our technology depends on finding and hiring the best and the brightest employees. We know that our dynamic, global team of exceptional employees is essential to our continued growth.
Lam Research - where successful people want to work:
We are a company comprised of people who work hard, deliver outstanding results and maintain a sense of humor during even the most challenging times. This is truly a rare opportunity. Lam Research is a market leader where our core values are not just words on the back of your badge. Given the criticality of this role to Lam Research's success, this philosophy starts with you.
Pilot Test Engineer
Pilot Engineering is a flexible and creative organization responsible for rapidly transitioning new products from the design phase into high volume manufacturing while maintaining and exceeding the high-quality standards that our customers expect.
Some of our operating principles:
- Enable fast learning and transition during development through world-class RPM in all engineering sites, cutting prototype lead-times from weeks to days at volume suppliers
- During beta, deliver tools to committed dates while accommodating late design changes, at volume quality and equitable cost
- Co-locate with Engineering / Product Management and organize by PG with PDR program dedication to enable joint ownership of program success
- Improve product development through recognized expertise in DFX (Manufacturability, Test, Ergonomics, Variability) and Should-Costing at alpha, while partnering with Engineering to shift our expertise into concurrent engineering for faster solutions
- Select, develop, and retain people with a strong bias for achievement & confidence in managing risk
Other Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for testing and validating new state-of-the-art products as they transition from the design phase to high volume manufacturing.
- Interfaces with design and product teams on upcoming products via Design Reviews and CFT's, reviews impact on testing, and provides feedback on Design for Manufacturability and Test.
- Owns and drives the customer-driven test schedule for the assigned new products
- Prepares test and diagnostic programs, designs test fixtures and equipment, and completes test procedures for new products.
- Designs, develops and implements cost-effective methods of testing systems and equipment for all phases of a product.
- Plans the labor, schedules and equipment required for automated test development and deployment.
- Troubleshoots and resolves issues through innovative 'out-of-the-box' thinking in addition to structured problem solving
- Perform and assess DFMA and pFMEA on new products
Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 6 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD with 3 years experience; or equivalent experience.
A successful candidate will demonstrate;
- Excellent understanding of equipment functionality and functional troubleshooting (Thermal & Gas-Flow characteristics, RF engineering, Vacuum, pneumatic, Electrical and Power Distribution systems, Instrumentation & Controls).
- Ability to read and understand system level interconnect diagram, P&ID and electrical schematic.
- Ability to assess test implications based on new product functionality and change content. Related risk identification and development of mitigation plans.
- Big-picture understanding across multiple product families with the ability to provide tangible inputs towards test architecture, test fixture design strategy & related decision making.
- Identification of opportunities for test time reduction through both leading both continuous improvement and step-function changes.
- Programming skills to enable automated testing and characterization through script development
- Structured problem solving skills leveraging inputs such as functional documentation (electrical schematics, control logic, gas flow paths)
- Strong understanding of the synergy potential with cross-functional teams & functions with the ability to co-ordinate accordingly in the assigned programs.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
More About Us ….
Our work is everywhere you look – even if you can't actually see it. Lam Research goes deeper than software or chips to the heart of the process that enables chip creation. So if you want to help power the components that empower everything, join us.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.