STEM/FIB microscopist (Fremont, CA, US, 94538)
This is a grave shift position. Monday to Friday (10:30PM to 6:30AM).
This position is an exciting opportunity to join Lam's electron microscopy/metrology team in Fremont, CA! We operate several generations of FEI/Thermo Fisher Helios tools, including the latest models. Samples are representative of a diverse set of processes from across the integrated circuit (IC) manufacturing process and will provide a dynamic set of challenges and opportunities for growth over the long term. Successful candidates will be able to perform the following duties:
- Preparation of samples using Focused Ion Beam (FIB) to create microscopy lamella, followed by in situ Scanning Transmission Electron Microscopy (STEM) imaging.
- Generate best-in-class data through quality control and continuous improvement.
- Proper handling of sensitive customer samples and intellectual property.
- Assisting customers in locating regions of interest, interpreting data, and troubleshooting when data does not meet expectations.
- Communicate with team members to facilitate technique transfers, pass down sample learnings, and advance the state of the art in semiconductor microscopy.
- Understand the processes used to create integrated circuits, and interpret images relating to those processes.
- Maintain integrity of experiments and data in order to provide valid results.
* Experience working in an academic or professional laboratory setting.
* Experience operating electron microscopes and/or dual beam focused ion beams.
* Experience with TEM sample preparation is highly desirable.
* Bachelor's degree in Material Science, Chemistry, or Physics.
* Hands-on experience of FEI 4xx/Helios series tools.
* Knowledge of semiconductor devices and industry preferred.
* Candidate should possess good written and verbal communication skills to work with large internal customer base.
*This is a graduate eligible role.
We believe it is important for every person to feel valued, included, and empowered to achieve their full potential. By bringing unique individuals and viewpoints together, we achieve extraordinary results.
Lam Research (“Lam“ or the “Company“) is an equal opportunity employer. Lam is committed to and reaffirms support of equal opportunity in employment and non-discrimination in employment policies, practices and procedures on the basis of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, or military and veteran status or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. It is the Company's intention to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees.
We Look Forward to Your Application
Salary and Benefits
CA San Francisco Bay Area Salary Range for this position: $78,000.00 - $176,000.00
The above salary range for this position is relevant to applicants that reside or work onsite in the California, San Francisco Bay Area only. Salary offers will depend on factors that include the location you work from, your level, education, training, specific skills, years of experience and comparison to other employees already in this role. Actual salary may vary from salary offered due to numerous factors including but not limited to unpaid time off, unpaid leave, company mandated shutdown, and other relevant factors.
In addition, the successful candidate for this position will become eligible for a comprehensive set of outstanding benefits. Click here to learn more about the benefits Lam offers for this position www.lambenefits.com.