STEM/FIB microscopist (Fremont, CA, US, 94538)
This is a third-shift or graveyard shift position, Friday to Monday (12/12/8/8).
- Primary function is processing/imaging STEM/TEM samples using FEI 4xx/Helios Dual Bean FIB tools, TEM sample preparation of lamella,
- Set up, operate, and correct fault conditions on metrology equipment.
- Strong focus on developing faster sample processing approaches,
- Active participation in opportunities to develop new sample processing techniques,
- Provide new learnings and developments to other STEM techs through documentation, presentations, and training sessions.
- Open to collaborative efforts with process engineers:
a. to develop sample prep techniques to better image features and properties of interest,
b. that could lead to new microscopy methods or analysis conducted within or through the direction our lab,
c. that could assist in improved process development efforts
- Work with process engineers to understand how to best process their samples using our equipment,
- Participation in evaluating new instruments for lab growth.
- At least 3 years of focused experience in dual beam FIB and SEM operation, experience with TEM sample preparation is highly desirable.
- Ph.D. degree in Material Science, Chemistry, or Physics preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of dual beam focused ion beam technology, and hands-on experience of FEI 4xx/Helios series tools.
- High level of proficiency and extensive operating experience of Dual Beams desirable.
- Candidate should possess good written and verbal communication skills to work with large internal customer base.
- Familiarity with working in a chemical laboratory.
- Experience in surface preparation and analytical techniques.
- Interest in advanced technology and an on-going desire to learn.
- In-dept understanding and working knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and/or Design of Experiments (DOE).
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and ability to react to shifting priorities to meet business needs and deadlines.
- Excellent people skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively and efficiently with diverse teams, customers, internal and external partners.
- Collaboration/ Matrix environment mindset.
Salary and Benefits
CA San Francisco Bay Area - Salary Range for this position: $95,000- $207,000.
The above salary range for this position is relevant to applicants that reside or work onsite in the California, San Francisco Bay Area only. Salary offers will depend on factors that include the location you work from, your level, education, training, specific skills, years of experience and comparison to other employees already in this role. Actual salary may vary from salary offered due to numerous factors including but not limited to unpaid time off, unpaid leave, company mandated shutdown, and other relevant factors.
In addition, the successful candidate for this position will become eligible for a comprehensive set of outstanding benefits. Click here to learn more about the benefits Lam offers for this position www.lambenefits.com.
We believe it is important for every person to feel valued, included, and empowered to achieve their full potential. By bringing unique individuals and viewpoints together, we achieve extraordinary results.
Lam Research (“Lam“ or the “Company“) is an equal opportunity employer. Lam is committed to and reaffirms support of equal opportunity in employment and non-discrimination in employment policies, practices and procedures on the basis of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, or military and veteran status or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. It is the Company's intention to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees.