As a Process Technician at Rigetti computing, you will build novel quantum chips developed in our Fab-1 facility. You will work on the Production Operations team fabricating devices with validated processes, and also provide metrology, and data gathering support for engineers in the Fab.
- Execute processes in lithography, dry etch, wet etch, cleans, physical vapor deposition, and other modules, following documented standard operating procedures and recipes.
- Perform metrology, both in-line with processes and end-of-line probing, escalate to engineering when there is a non-standard event.
- Maintain equipment and process calibration according to tool SOPs
- Assist with routine facility upkeep, including chemical waste disposal, and restocking of gownroom items and other supplies
- Participate in environmental, health, and safety program
- 5+ years of relevant, hands on semiconductor fabrication experience
- Comfort working in a cleanroom environment, including following hazmat protocols
- Experience using and operating a wide range of semiconductor/MEMS processing tools such as lithography, PVD, dry etch, SEM and other metrology tools
- Can choose work based on MES, fab priorities, and passdowns independently.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to follow verbal and written instructions, and meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, as well as the ability to work overtime if needed
- Will work a compressed workweek shift, our current shift hours are 7 am - 7 pm, and the switch days are Wednesday.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or science
- Experience in both production and research environments
- Experience working with small teams or other small company/ start-up work environments
- Additional industry Experience
- Manual wafer handling experience
- Unlimited PTO + Suggested 2-3 annual sabbatical
- Fitness Activity & Gym Membership reimbursement
- Monthly Lyft Credits
- Weekly Dry Cleaning/Laundry Service
- Free Weekly Haircuts
- Breakfast/Catered Lunch/Unlimited Snacks
- 98% coverage on Medical, Dental, Vision
- 16 week paid parental leave
- Life Insurance
- FSA & Commuter Benefits
- Dog Friendly Offices
- Flexible Work Schedule
Rigetti Computing is on a mission to build the world’s most powerful computers. Based in Berkeley and Fremont, CA, we are scientists, engineers, builders, and visionaries who believe quantum computing is going to significantly affect health care, how we treat disease, how we generate energy, and how we feed humanity. We design and fabricate quantum circuits and deploy them as quantum computers available online. Our engineers build the full stack of technologies that are integrated into these machines, including cryogenic hardware and microwave circuitry, advanced analog and digital control modules, and a software stack that provides the world’s most advanced SDK and runtime environment for quantum computers. Our quantum computer is available through Our product, Quantum Cloud Services, which is the world’s first full-stack programming and execution environment for quantum/classical computing. We were founded by Chad Rigetti in 2013, and today employ over 140 people.
For more information, refer to our About page.
Export Licensing Compliance
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws and regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Please note that any offer for employment may be conditioned on authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export control laws and regulations without sponsorship for an export license. In order to ensure compliance, Rigetti must determine U.S. citizenship or U.S. visa/immigration status of all prospective applicants for this position.
Any citizenship information provided will be reviewed solely for export control compliance purposes. Only applicants authorized to receive export-controlled items, software, technology, and information will be considered for this position. Citizenship information will be handled in accordance with Rigetti’s policies prohibiting discrimination based upon classifications protected by federal, state, or local law.
Rigetti is committed to full compliance with applicable anti-discrimination laws. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We strive to create an inclusive work environment and will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.