Residential Recovery Program Social Worker
DEPARTMENT: RECOVERY HOMES
Regular hours worked: 40+ per week
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR OF RESIDENTIAL SERVICES
The purpose of the social worker is to ensure that appropriate treatment services are provided to clients in accordance with established social work guidelines.
- Interviews potential clients and coordinates placements into the program
- Provides for approved orientation of all clients
- Develops individual needs and services and treatment plans for each client assigned, in collaboration with the placement worker
- Monitors progress through observation and reports by resident staff
- Provides leadership to all treatment team members, to ensure that the treatment proscribed in the Treatment Plan is carried out
- Provides individual counseling to each client on at least a weekly basis and as needed
- Provides counsel to the family
- Provides group counseling to clients on at least a weekly basis and as needed
- Continually assesses clients to identify their changing needs
- Prepares a quarterly progress report for each resident, and submits copes of progress reports to the placement workers
- Reports to placement agents for monthly case reviews
- Coordinates group counseling on a daily weekday basis
- Facilitates group counseling at least weekly (subjects include recovery, drug abuse, self-esteem, life skills, communications skills, etc.)
- Encourages appropriate parental involvement by making initial call, formulating their involvement plan with their child, assessing family counseling needs and coordinating family counseling
- Facilitates parenting education and support group
- Coordinates and plans for aftercare
- Develops a discharge plan for each client
- Is on-call for crisis intervention
- Monitors individual supervised and unsupervised outing and visitors, and approve overnight visits
Age Limitation: Minimum age is 21 years.
Citizenship Requirement: Pursuant to the law, a person must be either a U.S. citizen or be a permanent resident alien.
Felony Disqualification: Persons convicted of a felony are not eligible to be appointed to positions of this class.
Background Investigation: Pursuant to the law, persons shall be fingerprinted prior to work in a facility, and shall be subject to a background investigation by Community Care Licensing and the FBI. Persons who have previously been subjected to this in Advent will not undergo any further investigation of this type.
Medical Requirement: Persons shall undergo a medical examination to determine that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job safely and effectively.