A Carter Lumber Escort Driver works in conjunction with the driver of an oversized truckload to make sure the truck reaches its destination safely. The Escort Driver travels in front of or behind the truck in a separate vehicle, warning the public if there are traffic changes or obstacles due to the truckload. They also warn the truck if there is anything up ahead that can interfere with its safe passage. A strong belief in the mission and goals of the company are necessary to this position.
Requirements to be Considered for this Position:
- A Virginia Escort Certification is required - We can provide a class for this once hired
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Clean driving record
- Successfully pass required pre-employment screening
- Possess good communication skills
Responsibilities of the Position:
- The person driving the car will be able to communicate via CB radio with the truck driver. This allows the escort car driver to tell the trucker if there are accidents, traffic backups, or any other situations requiring attention. Complies with all highway rules and regulations.
- Ensures the safe operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements. Determines condition of vehicle by inspecting vehicle before and after use, logging inspection and reports defects or safety issues to the dispatcher immediately.
Benefits Provided (full-time employees):
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employer-matching 401(k) Plan