As a full time Medical Office Coordinator, you play a pivotal role in ensuring patients have a great experience from the moment they walk through the door to when they leave the office. The Coordinator helps oversee the operations of the clinical and front office functions to provide our patients high quality, patient-centered care. The Coordinator may work primarily with general surgery, but may also work with a variety of specialties and primary care in the medical group.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Serves as a team leader with all front office functions including patient relations, check-in/check-out, scheduling, insurance verification, and answering phones.
- Assists nurse/medical assistant with obtaining authorizations for in-office and out-of-office procedures and surgeries from insurance companies.
- Ensures any patient complaints are handled appropriately for maximum patient benefit and organizational success.
- Develops guidelines for prioritizing work activities, evaluating effectiveness, and modifying activities as necessary to ensure appropriate staffing levels are maintained.
- Conducts daily huddles to organize work tasks with the team.
- Manages filing and retrieving medical records and patient information.
- Performs and ensures the timeliness and accuracy of patient charge entry into the practice management system, handles front end rejections through the practice management system or clearinghouse, and assists with collecting and recording co-pays (cash and/or charge).
- Coordinates the receipt of all applicable deductible, co-insurance, and co-pay amounts from patients for their procedures and surgeries.
- Prepares all physician expense reports and office expenses as needed, obtains appropriate leadership signatures, and submits to accounting for processing.
- Assists medical group leadership with completing facility credentialing paperwork for all assigned providers.
- Performs other administrative duties as assigned.
- Three years of medical office experience is required.
- General surgery coding experience preferred.
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience using an EHR system is extremely helpful, eCW preferred.
- Strong customer service skills required.
- Bilingual, helpful.
- High school graduate. Some college is preferred.
- Course-work in healthcare office management is preferred.
- CPR Certification is preferred.