Probationary employees are not eligible to apply for vacancies during their probationary period.
All education that is indicated on your application must be supported by attaching a scanned copy of your high school diploma, high school transcript or college transcript.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED). (Note: minimum of 48 college credits, AA degree or passing of the ParaPro Assessment Test will be required for Title One Schools).
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, concisely in both oral and written form.
- Working knowledge of English, spelling, vocabulary and mathematics.
- Willingness to participate in training programs or professional development designed by the principal or central office staff as it pertains to the job function.
- Capable of performing the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Familiarity with the FCPS policies, goals and programs.
Under general direction of one or more certified classroom teachers and/or school administrator(s), an instructional assistant works with individuals or small groups of pupils and performs instructional or clerical work as assigned.
Reporting directly to the Classroom Teacher/Administrator, the Instructional Assistant performs the following duties:
- Works with individuals and/or small groups of students under the supervision of a classroom teacher or building administrator.
- Checks papers and monitors student progress.
- Operates various office machines (may do some typing).
- Prepares and arranges materials for the day's instruction.
- Assists in supervising recreational, outdoor, and free-time activities, as well as field trips.
- Performs classroom duties such as reading, collecting money, taking attendance, correcting assignments, and scheduling parent-teacher conferences.
- Monitors small or large groups of pupils so as to free the teacher to perform other duties.
- Utilizes various computer programs to assist students, individually or in small groups.
- Substitutes for teachers in emergency situations.
- Prioritizes work assignments appropriately.
- Completes appropriate amount of work in an efficient manner; seeks out additional assignments as time permits.
- Demonstrates support for the organization and its goals; accepts constructive criticism.
- Reports promptly for work, utilizes time wisely and maintains an acceptable attendance pattern.
- Maintains confidentiality of student information.
- May be requested to provide class coverage.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Classroom Teacher/Administrator.
- Support Salary Scale, Grade 5, 10-month position (189 days – 7 hours / day)
- Starting Salary $13.27 / hour
FREDERICK COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER