Parts Department Associate, Seasonal
Req Number: 9403
The purpose of this job is to perform operations and logistics of within the Parts Department ensuring timely receipt and delivery of product. This is a temporary position.
Essential Functions (not all-inclusive):
- Locate and transfer product to fill monthly orders
- Match physical product with description on order
- Package & prepare product for shipping utilizing company standards
- Work with Microsoft Office suite to assist with supply projection and ordering
- Participate in inventory management
- Additional duties as assigned
About Music & Arts
Music & Arts embodies the world of creativity and music by encouraging our teammates to find their own individual sound. We strive to create lifelong musicians and make a difference in the world by enabling musicians and non-musicians alike to experience the almost indescribable happiness that comes from playing an instrument. We believe in putting our customers first, engaging with respect and integrity and fulfilling our mission with passion.
The first Music & Arts was located in a small house in Bethesda, MD and run by founder Benjamin O'Brien. When Music & Arts opened its doors in 1952, we offered printed music, music lessons, dance lessons, and art supplies. Ben decided shortly after opening his business that he wanted to focus on music to better serve his customers -- a decision that remains intact to this day.
Since the 1990's, Music & Arts has expanded nationwide through organic growth and a series of acquisitions and mergers with other music dealers. In 2005, Music & Arts joined forces with American Music to become the largest band and orchestra instrument retailer in the United States. Based in Frederick, MD, Music & Arts is now part of the Guitar Center enterprise and comprises 225+ retail stores, 200+ educational representatives, and 250+ affiliate locations.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Entry level; zero years of relevant work experience
- Intermediate understanding of the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to understand warehouse locations and locate product.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Must be able to quickly identify errors and retain the knowledge of how to correct them.
- Ability to thrive under deadline based assignments.
- Ability to lift, push, or pull up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand up for long periods of time.
- Must be able to walk up to 2 miles during the course of the work day.
- Must be able to perform repetitive motions for long periods of time.
- Must be able to safely climb and work on ladders.
Love this gig and want to apply?
Send your resume and cover letter today along with salary expectations!
Music & Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐ related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.