When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
To support the Fill/Finish and Formulations Department by overseeing manufacturing operations.
- Support and maintain production standards.
- Ensure employees are following company policies and is responsible for issuing warnings if/when needed.
- Manage shift-to-shift communications to ensure seamless transition of work between shifts.
- Promote a safe and positive team environment to achieve daily production goals.
- Direct the daily work load to ensure schedule completion while managing utilization and efficiency
- Trend production metrics to identify areas of improvement.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with ISO/GMP/FDA/class 7 requirements.
- Maintain quality system by following SOP's and work instructions.
- Assist/Lead departmental projects to promote PPI and achieve cost saving goals.
- Complete manufacturing review of production documents and close work orders as needed on a nightly basis.
- Open and manage problem reports/CAPA as needed.
- Work overtime as needed including both Saturday's and Sunday's
Nature and Scope:
The Manufacturing Operations Team Leader, is responsible for overseeing operations of one or more work centers with general responsibility for safety, quality, and compliance on a daily basis. The Lead will maintain a skilled manufacturing team responsible for filling, assembly, and formulations to ensure production of high quality products. The Lead will also effectively communicate during daily shift changeover to promote both inter and intra shift cohesion. This position requires the individual to be ready to start work on-time daily and maintain strong attendance performance.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of 1-3 years related experience
- Proven ability to consistently and independently follow policies and procedures, instructions, and to meet project timelines
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite to support daily operations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to apply problem solving methodology to understand root cause and implement solutions.
- Lean manufacturing experience
- Excellent time management skills