Requisition Number: TEMPL07913
Summary: The full-time Assistant Manager is a full-time hourly employee whose primary function is the operation and supervision of a theatre and its employees, and to act as a representative to Regal in a way that is consistent with our mission statement and policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
- Upholding and administering all theatre policies.
- The training, developing, coaching and supervising of non-management employees.
- Performing all staff positions as required.
- Operating all projection and audio-visual equipment within the theatre, both hardware and software, including all applicable film handling (threading, building-up, tearing down, etc.) and maintenance as required. Working knowledge of all systems within facility in Booth and Projection technology including maintenance, programming, TMS operation and all related projection skills.
- Ensure required alcohol certification and training are current where applicable.
- Monitoring risk management as it pertains to the theatre, i.e., employee and patron safety, loss prevention, emergency situations, and the proper handling, reporting, and investigating of accidents.
- Ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Counting, depositing, and reconciling all receipts taken in during a business day. Receipts include cash, credit cards, coupons, gift cards, checks, discount tickets, and any other mode of payment or accountability deemed applicable by Regal.
- Knowledge and compliance of dress code.
- Have completed or in the process of completing the management certification program.
- Have reviewed and understand the ROM.
- The interviewing, hiring, scheduling, coaching, counseling, suspending of any cast member, with oversight from the General Manager or senior management of the facility, and after conferring with the Human Resources Manager, terminating of any employee. Properly administrating all applicable paperwork and upholding all company policies as they pertain to Human Resources.
- Controlling costs, including all direct operating expenses; purchasing and ordering concession and café stock and any other supplies needed for daily operations, as well as the inventory and auditing processes involved in tracking those supplies.
- Supervising theatre maintenance (building and grounds, where applicable), including performing minor repairs and obtaining qualified personnel for large maintenance concerns.
- Marketing and promotions of feature film engagements; scheduling of movie show times and the timely delivery of show times to all proper channels.
- Required to read and understand training materials that will cover subjects such as sexual harassment and discrimination.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities as assigned by the GM or other senior manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School Diploma or equivalent (if not currently a high school student). At least three months supervisory experience, or 6 months theatre experience with completion of Cast Certification Program, or a combination thereof, or, after showing potential leadership and/or management skills to theatre management, which is subject to VP approval.
If the theatre sells alcohol and your assigned duties will include the selling/serving of alcohol, must be of legal age to sell and serve alcohol according to state or local laws. It is your responsibility to complete any legally required state or local training and obtain the required certificate. In addition, you must complete the Regal Responsible Beverage Server training on Regal Online University.
Possess good public speaking skills. Effectively communicate in both oral and written form with employees, vendors, corporate staff, etc. Listen effectively, respond clearly and directly, and ability to explain information to others.
Perform calculations with speed and accuracy, and identify and correct errors.
Identify problems, gather relevant data, and note possible causes of problems. Evaluate relevant information, recognize alternatives, reach conclusions based on evidence, and recommend solutions. Take action beyond what is necessarily called for and perform tasks with a minimal amount of supervision. Perform under pressure and/or opposition.
Computer and Office Skills:
Proven experience with PC platforms and knowledge of basic office programs including but not limited to e-mail, word processing and spreadsheets. Operate copiers and other office equipment, devise and access different filing systems and maintain attention to detail. Use tools and equipment with dexterity, and perform mechanical tasks as necessary.
Interface effectively with customers, the public, and co-workers, and exhibit sensitivity to the feelings of others. Establish goals, budget time, and set priorities to achieve desired objectives.
Directly supervises an unspecified number of employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Regal's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training and coaching employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding, addressing complaints, resolving problems, and under the direction of the General Manager or senior manager the disciplining of employees. As directed by the General Manager, responsibilities may include interviewing and hiring.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 60 lbs. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.