The Service Writer acts as the liaison between the customer and Transwest when service is required. By providing one consistent source of information for the client, mechanics and shop foreman are able to perform their duties with minimal interruptions. By coordinating with the customer, obtaining information, and creating an accurate Repair Order (RO), the Service Writer is the gateway to accurate and reliable service, must have high energy and be organized. We offer competitive wages and a full benefits package including medical, dental, life, disability insurance, 401(K), paid holidays, paid vacation/personal time, and an employee car discount program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Communicate with customers by quickly responding to inquiries.
• Answer service calls and deliver timely updates to clients regarding status updates on work being performed and scheduling work.
• Greet customer who enter the location.
• Interview clients in a professional manner to determine the needed repairs.
• Obtain all necessary information from the customer to establish a business relationship.
• Create a Repair Order (RO) by identifying current vehicle condition, estimated repair time, getting quotes/estimates from the shop if necessary, supply any supporting documentation and obtain work authorization.
• Creation and close-out of the RO
• Review work performed with client and collect payment.
• Communication with Shop Foreman on pertinent RO information and updates.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
• Required to perform work inside and outside, in all-weather situations, at the shop division location.
• Requires frequent sitting, standing, balancing, bending or stooping for prolonged periods of time.
• Manual dexterity, fine manipulation and the ability to reach with hands and arms and lift up to 80 lbs.
• Must be able to operate simple to complex and heavy-duty machinery.
• Normal range of hearing and vision.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Valid driver's license with the ability to obtain a CDL within 90 days of employment.
• Good standing MVR.
• Previous experience as a service writer or advisor required.
• Experience diagnosing diesel trucks is a plus.
• Heavy and medium duty truck industry experience is a plus.
• Excellent verbal and communication skills.
• Detail oriented.
• Ability to work any shift, including nights.Ability to successfully pass a General Abilities Assessment and Post-offer background check, physical and drug screening.