VP, International Marketing
SCOPE OF THE ROLE
Grow sales and profit by effectively planning, implementing, and evaluating marketing programs for International restaurants. Provide leadership to the International franchise community and senior management on all aspects of the International marketing function for the Hardee’s and Carl’s Jr. brand concepts, including advertising, media planning, promotion, positioning, menu/calendar development, field marketing, local restaurant marketing, consumer research, sales analysis, agency selection and new market entry plans.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a strategic, dynamic leader with serious future stretch potential who is excited about growing a brand with a successful, complex organization.
CKE is looking for a Vice President of International Marketing who will:
Assists with the development and oversees the implementation of the brand positioning and overarching brand architecture for multi-channel and global brand development.
• Leads strategic development of brand marketing plan and calendar to increase brand relevance, drive profitable sales, increase visitation, and create interest/excitement for the brand.
• Develops long range brand goals and objectives for domestic and global markets.
• Leads development of analysis of marketing programs and adjusts strategy and tactics to increase effectiveness.
• Develops and implements marketing and advertising strategies based on promotion, brand, and menu objectives.
• Monitors and analyzes performance of marketing initiatives for continual optimization.
• Provides strategic direction and management for key national agencies.
• Partners with cross-functional department leaders to ensure brand promise is delivered to all consumers
• Provides strategic leadership and executional direction to the International Franchise Marketing team.
• Collaborates with the Channels and International teams to approve marketing materials across the channels, build the brand, and increase revenue.
• Creates the national promotional calendar, including annual core pillars, key new product initiatives, system-wide promotions, and programs to increase sales.
• Partners with the marketing and creative teams to create marketing elements (e.g., media, digital, social, etc.) and local/franchisee art requests.
• Collaborates with the brand team to plan and conduct consumer and market research to identify opportunities for increased sales.
• Partners with culinary team members to lead the development of the menu strategy, including menu platform development, product launches and/or limited time offers (LTOs).
• Collaborates with the international team on menu innovation.
In addition to exhibiting future stretch, you will possess the following abilities:
1. Strategic Marketing and Brand Management Skills:
• A creative, conceptual thinker who has a record of building marketing competency and driving marketing breakthrough
2. Business / Commercial Acumen
• A clear commercial orientation and ability to think and act like a general manager
• A strong grasp of key business and industry drivers and a track record of capitalizing on identified consumer/global trends and insights to develop creative / breakthrough business- building strategies, products and programs
• Strong intuition, ability to “connect the dots” and deal with ambiguity while possessing clear
• Financial savvy and using fact-based arguments to support proposals / recommendations
• Ability to prioritize issues and opportunities and allocate resources accordingly
• Ability to provide clear direction and business solutions to maximize individual and team performance
• Ability to engage, motivate and inspire others and create a climate where people want to do their very best
• Strong presence and able to lead by example
• Be respected owing to the value you add, versus the organization you control
3. Building Relationships and Using Interface
• In addition to being a collaborative team player, able to build and sustain relationships across all functions and through all levels in an organization to ensure seamless integration and flawless execution of marketing and business plans
• Strong cultural sensitivity and a track record of building relationships, especially with Franchisee Organization
• Able to champion ideas and influence and motivate key stakeholders by infecting them with a shared sense of purpose and passion
• A good listener who can connect easily with others
4. Builds and Directs a High Functioning Team
• Holds others accountable for conducting business in a legal and ethical manner while complying with policies, laws, and regulations related to business and employment.
• Oversees people processes and programs across the team to ensure talent for current and future needs by providing operational, functional, and technical leadership.
• Attracts, retains, and develops highly effective professionals and support staff.
• Cultivates a bench of leadership and talent to deliver results and support future growth.
• Determines work methods and directs the work of associates.
Qualifications – Experience – Training
• MBA, BS or BA Degree (in a related field) required
• Minimum ten years’ experience in QSR or Retail/FMCG marketing at the field, corporate and agency levels
• Minimum five years of international marketing experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (Foreign language skills a plus)
• Strong background in analysis both quantitative and qualitative
• Intermediate knowledge of excel, word, outlook, power point and Microsoft Office software products
• Capable of International Travel – up to 50%