Psychiatric RN - Home Health - PRN
Location : Facility Name SunCrest Home Health - Franklin TN Requisition ID 2019-69101 Location : Postal Code 37067-5563 Position Type PRN Work Schedule Normal (Based on FT, PT, PRN) CATEGORY NURSING Location : City Franklin Location : State/Province TN
The Psychiatric Registered Nurse (RN) in Home Health renders professional nursing care to patients in their home by assessing, developing, implementing, and evaluating home nursing care needs of assigned patients.
SunCrest Home Health, a part of LHC Group, is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping people.
- Makes the initial nursing evaluation visit within 24 - 48 hours of receipt of referral or longer if indicated by MD.
- Continually evaluates the patient's nursing needs by assessing and reassessing the patient to include general physical assessment, mental status assessment and suicidal potential assessments.
- Initiates and coordinates the plan of treatment and necessary revisions per acceptable standards of psychiatric nursingpractice.
- Instructs and supervises the patient's family in the care of the patient and maintenance of a healthy and safe environment.
- Provides those services requiring substantial specialized nursing skill.
- Renders nursing care to homebound patients and perform treatments as ordered by the physician.
- Assists the patient's family in any way possible to recognize the daily living problems of the patient and provides information on community resources that are available.
- Maintains accurate records of the history of the patient for the supervisor and the physician, especially in reference to drugs, treatments, etc.
- Reports to the patient's physician and other appropriate personnel pertinent changes in the patient's condition.
- Provides counseling and crisis intervention to the patient and patients families.
- Participates in in-service programs as required by the agency.
- Participates in nursing report and complies with the Care Management Model.
- Performs 60 day record review (recertification) and collaborates with physicians and all other disciplines involved in the care.
- Participates in staff conference regarding patient care.
- Participates in the QA/QI plan and process.
- All other duties as assigned.
- The RN must have one of the following credentials: 1.) A masters degree in psychiatric or mental health nursing OR; 2.) A bachelors degree in nursing with one year of experience in an active treatment unit in a psychiatric or mental health hospital or outpatient clinic OR; 3.) A diploma or associate degree with two years experience in an active treatment unit in a psychiatric or mental health hospital or outpatient clinic OR 4.0 On an individual basis and/or other combination of education or experience as required by specific state law, as applicable.
- Prior to RN making a psychiatric nurse visit, the agency will adhere to Psychiatric Skilled Nursing/Scope of Care and the written notification from the CMS Intermediary will be evident on file at the agency if applicable.
- Must have experience within the last five years. If not, documentation must support psychiatric retraining classes or CEUs to update psychiatric knowledge.
Additional State Requirements
- CA: One year prior professional nursing experience.
- LA: At a minimum, one year of clinical experience as a Registered Nurse. One year of clinical experience as a Registered Nurse may be waived for a Registered Nurse with recent clinical experience as an LPN. RN licensure must have no restrictions.
- AK, AL, AR, AZ, CO, CT, D.C., FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MS, MI, MO, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY NV, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, TN, TX, VA, WA, WI, WV: No other state specific requirements.