The Infrastructure Architect designs and standardize an organization's infrastructure, providing strategic coordination as well as tactical governance. The Infrastructure Architects defines the technical end-to-end architectures that break down the traditional internal support structures
Job Duties/ Responsibilities:
Architects are responsible for ensuring the technical direction of applications and solutions both within and across business area portfolios and are strongly aligned with the business strategy.
Infrastructure Architect will need to maintain broad and deep technical skills in multiple technical domains such as server, storage, desktop, security, and network infrastructure. This role also demands strong organizational and interpersonal skills and the ability to lead complex technical decision making as well as maintain complex technical documentation.
· Develop roadmaps that define the future state technology architecture and recommend where and when work will be done to evolve to this future state
· Develop and document reference architectures and associated standards to be used as a basis for technology selection and implementation
· Participate on application or infrastructure implementation projects to insure the design conforms to the technical architecture and standards, and modify or extend the technical architecture when it is necessary to accommodate project needs.
· Experience conceiving, architecture, engineering, and administering technology in a distributed environment with capabilities in at least 5 of the following IT disciplines and technologies: infrastructure architecture, network, middleware, desktop, storage, relational databases, layered software services like system monitoring, scheduling and backup/recovery, application development, disaster recovery, servers (Windows and Unix platforms), enterprise voice and collaboration, and virtualization.
· Solid understanding of IP-based network architecture and contemporary virtualization technologies
· Proven success on projects with large-scale deployments
· Experience in capacity and performance management
· Excellent listening, written and verbal presentation skills, strong data-based, analytical and reasoning skills, sound decision-making and organizational ability.
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, systems analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience.
· Understanding of application life-cycle management methodology is preferred
• CISCO UCS Director, CISCO ACI, CISCO APIC-EM, and CISCO DNA
• DevOPS experience
• Have a solid understanding of Storage and Backup platforms