Financial Analyst III
Req I D
Skillset for Excel – Vlookups, pivot tables, Macros, etc.
Experience with Hyperion is a Plus
Business context – some understanding of Financial Analysis to drive results is needed. While the role works quite a bit with excel and reports, we need someone who understands the information and can focus the message of the report, especially for non-finance partners receiving the information.
There is no accounting work involved in this role, only analysis. An understanding of accounting is a plus but not required.
The role is definitely a mid-level position between a Jr. and Sr. Analyst, so we need someone who will be satisfied digging for data and then providing an accurate analysis summary.
We would love to find a contingent candidate who is able to excel in the role and become a permanent hire, but that will be based on performance and business needs.
When you're part of the team at client, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
This position offers a challenging opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced financial analyst to play a key role in managing the financial success of Environmental and Process Monitoring (EPM), a $285M standalone, global and fast-growing business unit in the Chemical Analysis Division (CAD).
How will you make an impact?
Key responsibilities include productivity tracking, forecasting and analysis of EPM's P&L's (Income Statements) and Balance Sheets, and assisting with Annual Operating Plan (AOP) development. This position offers the right candidate great exposure to all functional areas and regions of the global EPM business, exposure to the global EPM team, and a diverse workload with a clear objective of being a true business partner.
What will you do?
- Assist with completion of the Annual Operating Plan (AOP)
- Partner closely with the EPM operations (factory and supply chain/distribution) team to analyze and forecast results, and manage costs, productivity, and working capital
- Analyze P&L's and influence behavior to drive profitable growth, strong cash flow, and rigorous accountability to financial objectives and forecasts
- Analyze budget variances and work closely with Shared Service organization to understand and drive performance improvements to meet AOP targets
- Lead efforts to reduce E&O and minimize bad debt
- Ad hoc analyses as requested
How will you get here?
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting or related field; MBA preferred
- 3+ years of progressive finance experience
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Must be passionate about getting to the root cause of issues – not simply reporting variances but driving to the “why's“
- Organized, structured thinker with ability to handle multiple assignments, remain calm under pressure, work flexible hours and digest information from multiple, disparate parts
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Not afraid to challenge conventional thinking or analyses
- Excellent computer skills, specifically Microsoft Office suite and Hyperion (HFM) or strong aptitude for multi-dimensional financial reporting databases
- Career-driven and interested in advancement to further responsibilities
Financial Analyst III