- Assist Instrumentation and controls tech in troubleshoot and correcting deficiencies.
- Involved in performing repairs, P.M. and install new piping and valves relating to building steam and water piping/plumbing systems; determine frequency of repair and/or P.M. of systems.
- Requires the ability to analyze the operation of various systems, determine the cause of any problems/malfunctions and take corrective action as required.
- Understands the engineering design and operational aspects of the building and critical support systems and components. Must be able to immediately recognize system shortcomings, troubleshoot and respond to operational and emergency situations.
- Monitors operation and maintains heating and cooling valves, water cooling equipment; boilers, heating and hot water equipment; pumps, valves, piping and filters.
- Position will be called upon to review logs to ensure proper operation of equipment; responsible for reporting any problems/malfunctions on an as need basis.
- Checks malfunctioning equipment and ascertains corrective action required to restore to satisfactory operating condition.
- Install, operate, maintain, troubleshoot and repair machinery and mechanical equipment such as pumps, fans, and rotating equipment.
- Support carpentry tasks such as installing doors, hardware, furniture, fabricating partition walls, crating and other related work.
- Perform rigging/moving of equipment.
- Support the maintenance, repair and operation of site rotating equipment including but not limited to HVAC equipment.
- Prepare, prime and paint repair building interior and exterior surfaces
- Inspects various damaged surfaces (e.g., plaster, drywall, water-damaged areas, ceiling and wall cracks) for remodeling.
- Uses various wall covering techniques and remedies to complete project.
- Maintain and repair locks, locking mechanisms, closers, doors, and controllers
- Occasionally support the repair plumbing components including toilets, urinals, lavatories, flush valves, water fountains, sinks, drains, water heaters, piping, and sump pumps
- Provide all other building maintenance, repair, and restorative procedures as directed
- Perform general Carpentry tasks to maintain buildings
- Repair/Replace/Install ceiling tiles, carpet tiles, floor tile, Formica, masonry work and associated activities.
- Perform emergency roofing repairs, clear roof drains and clear debris:
- Patch and paint office, outside and controlled work environments.
- General building needs not limited to blinds, cabinets, counters, shelves,
- Assist the operations team in the maintenance and repair of building and equipment
- Completes other various duties related to Painting, Carpentry, Flooring, Cabinetry, and related tasks, under the direction of the supervisor and/or his/her designee.
- General office maintenance – hang pictures, install keyboard trays, and repair office furniture systems
- Electrical/mechanical aptitude a plus. Knowledge of office furniture a plus.
- Machine room and area inspections
- Completes special tasks that include painting, locksmith work, tenant services requests, special cleaning, and general maintenance as assigned.
- Respond to urgent requests as directed.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills are a must.
- Work with the client to schedule equipment to be taken off line so that preventative maintenance can be performed with minimal impact to the end users.
- Confers/communicates with work order requestors.
- Coordinates with client representatives to understand their needs and ensure the work scheduled takes into account the operational windows for repair.
- Ensure that work is performed efficiently with a minimum amount of disruption and inconvenience. Track completion rate and outstanding work orders. Drive team efficiency and provide oversight and support as needed.
- Prioritize all PM’s, corrective and emergent work orders for the site (annual, monthly, weekly, and daily). Schedule and assign work to individuals with the assistance of the work order scheduler/planner.
- Maintains a clean and safe working environment. Identifies and remediates all Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) issues as they arise.
- Recommends and estimates facilities repairs and improvements for inclusion in the annual budget.
- Support sub contracted work as necessary.
- Assure all work is performed on or prior to target completion dates.
- Ensures the availability of an adequate inventory of tools and other supplies to operate the building. Specific duties include but are not limited to: preparing and submitting purchase orders requests, developing sources for stock materials and performing periodic checks of inventory levels and equipment conditions.
- Performs additional duties as requested.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCD
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 8 years of experience.
- Preferred experience in Bio Pharma facility with extensive history of experience with, lab waste drains, pH water treatment, lab air, auto claves, cage washers, steam traps, heat exchangers, control valves.
- Experience in controlled working environments, a plus.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
- Master’s Plumbing trade license or trade experience vocational certification, preferred.
- Valid Driver’s license.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Exposure to piping/plumbing systems, mechanical systems, and boiler controls/operation.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Able to work in a customer service environment interacting with the client.
- Able to stay on task and work independently with minimal direction and supervision.
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well in both oral and written reports. Leads by example.
- Manages competing priorities well.
- Ability to analyze and make decisions based on broad range of data.
- Ability to effectively deal with customer/consumer complaints.
- Proficient in basic computer application software such as MS Office, Outlook, CMMS (Maximo), etc.
PHYSICAL WORK ENVIRONMENT/REQUIREMENTS
- Able to adequately perform required job functions.
- Able to lift, bend, and move in such a way as to perform job tasks in a safe and approved manner.
- Able to operate required hand/power tools, test instrumentation and equipment required by this trade in a safe and approved manner.
- Able to lift 50lb
- Overhead work / working at heights required
JLL Is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, trade union membership, social position, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and ensures that employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy at https://jll2.sharepoint.com/CorporatePolicies/HR%20Policies/Equal%20Employment%20Opportunity%20and%20Affirmative%20Action.pdf.
If you have questions about careers at JLL or are disabled and require further assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]