Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Knows and understands all safety rules and precautions necessary for working in and about a manufacturing facility
- Package, crate, and load items to ensure safe arrival and capacity loading
- Unload and check items against freight bills, packing lists, or shipping notices, taking notation of damage, shortages, and other irregularities
- Process required paperwork, check count and parts against each bill of material to ensure accuracy and completeness of shipments going to customer
- Package parts using all types of crating and packaging material including metal bands, covers, and other methods to secure and protect parts during shipping
- Assist with inventory counts as required
- Operate material handling equipment
- Maintain continuous improvement practices in work area
- May be assigned additional projects and duties by direct manager
To perform satisfactorily in this position, the employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made for employees with certain disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and comprehend documents including but not limited to policy manuals, safety rules/programs, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and simple correspondence, In addition, the ability to communicate information effectively one-on-one and in small group situations and settings is required.
Ability to perform general mathematic calculations including but not limited to addition, subtraction, multiplication, fractions, percentages, and division. Some positions may require advance mathematics.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to perform work instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form a must. In addition; the ability to solve problems, which involve multiple variables in a standard situation, is required.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Required to use power hand tools
- Required to drive a forklift
- Ability to work effectively to meet deadlines
- Ability to work with a diversified work force
- Ability to read different measuring devices (i.e. tape measure, protractor, micometer).
- Offers of employment are contingent upon passing a substance abuse screening test and criminal background check.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is frequently required to stand; sit; bend; stoop; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; lift; climb
and/or balance essential tasks. Specific vision abilities include close-up and distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The employee may be required to enter areas that are near moving mechanical parts, with occasional exposure to hazardous chemicals, and extreme cold or heat. The noise level in the work environment is considered moderate, and may require the use of hearing protection. The employee will be required to utilize Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when accessing certain manufacturing areas.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
- Job Family Supply Chain
- Pay Type Hourly
- 1099 Leestown Rd, Frankfort, KY 40601, USA