Are you interested in being part of a team that is dedicated in serving the people and business owners across the Commonwealth in helping educate and bring them into compliance with Kentucky state tax laws? If so, this is your opportunity to work for the Kentucky Department of Revenue.
The Office of Processing and Enforcement has an opening for a Revenue Program Officer in the Division of Collections, Individual Collections Section 4. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to provide clear communication and negotiation skills with taxpayers and their representative over the phone and occasionally in person to resolve tax matters.
As an entry-level Revenue Program Officer for the Commonwealth of Kentucky, you will receive the direction and the training needed to successfully review tax returns and resolve problems for taxpayers.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Educating and advising taxpayers of their tax liabilities/ responsibilities, filing deadlines, tax payment obligations, and department policies and procedures.
- Reviewing tax returns as directed.
- Continuously updating notes, histories, and taxpayer information in agency computer systems.
- Recording notes proficiently and accurately into agency computers systems during telephone conversations.
- Moving between computer screens to find information quickly to answer taxpayers' questions.
- Ensuring the safety and confidentiality of taxpayer information, data, and records.
- Remaining up-to-date on tax laws, policies, and regulations by regularly attending in-house and outside seminars, training sessions, and educational opportunities.
Additional / Supplemental Information:
- Must successfully complete a background investigation including an FBI criminal history record check (fingerprint check).
- Must comply with all tax laws.
- Mostly at a desk using a computer and telephone.
- Some travel for training and education.
- We offer opportunities for Flexible work schedules.
EDUCATION: Graduate of a college or university with a bachelor's degree.
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, OR SKILLS: NONE
Substitute EDUCATION for EXPERIENCE: NONE
Substitute EXPERIENCE for EDUCATION: Two years of experience in tax preparation, tax administration, the examination of tax records, property appraisal, accounting, business administration, collections, or a related field will substitute for each year of the required education. Current or prior military experience will substitute for the required college on a year for year basis. Prior military experience will only substitute if the individual received an honorable discharge, discharge under honorable conditions, or a general discharge.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (AGE, LICENSURE, REGULATION, ETC.): NONE
Duties are generally performed in an office setting. May require travel with occasional overnight stays within the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
This job has an initial and promotional probationary period of 6 months, except as provided in KRS 18A.111.
If you have questions about this advertisement, please contact Laura A Yagel at LauraA.Yagel@Ky.Gov or 502-564-4921.