Our EMA program needs YOU!
The Division of Emergency Management is hiring a Program Coordinator that coordinates all inter- or intra-unit administrative functions of the Emergency Management Assistance (EMA) program on a statewide basis; and performs other duties as required.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Conducts ongoing budgetary/programmatic/fiscal analysis in relationship to all federal/state laws/regulations/program guidance applicable for the EMA program statewide and advises division management in the development of policies and procedures;
- Conducts ongoing reviews/assessments of programmatic activities to ensure adherence to budget contraints and planned program outcomes statewide;
- Communicates with program participants to ensure that funding/budget requests and activities are in concert with program budget goals and plans;
- Input data into the WebEOC EMA tracker and ensure the data/comments are current;
- Ensures program activities and progress are properly documented and maintained within the agency's EMA tracker program so that accurate determinations can be made regarding fiscal, personnel and budgetary matters;
- Provides technical assistance/support to the county's Emergency Management Agency and county officials on EMA matters;
- Ensures that county sub-recipients of federal grant funding are cognizant of federal grant requirements through training, mentoring, site visits, consultations and other types of technical support and assistance;
- Assist in the training of county personnel on the policies and procedures related to the EMPG EMA program statewide;
- Participates in the Area Manager quarterly meetings;
- Processes EMA claims through eMARS for payment w/in 30 days;
- Reviews requests by federal grant sub-recipients for cost reimbursements to ensure disbursements will be processed w/in 30 days and that requests are allowable, properly supported and compliant with state payment and federal grant requirements..
EDUCATION: Graduate of a college or university with a bachelor's degree.
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, OR SKILLS: Three years of professional experience in management or administration.
Substitute EDUCATION for EXPERIENCE: A master's degree will substitute for one year of the required experience.
Substitute EXPERIENCE for EDUCATION: Administrative or business experience will substitute for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (AGE, LICENSURE, REGULATION, ETC.): NONE
Incumbents working in this job title primarily perform duties in an office setting. Minimal travel may be required.
If you have questions about this advertisement, please contact Crystal Simpson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 502-607-1541.