OIT Senior/Lead IT Business Analyst
Immediate hiring for OIT Senior/Lead IT Business Analyst role with one of our fortune clients located in Frankfort, KY. Seeking someone who will assist the Project Manager (PM) in the management of the project work by facilitating with Business Owners (BO), development team, and business stakeholders as necessary using agile methodologies. Client is looking for someone who could stick to a long term project with a possible extension for 5 years based on the contractors performance
Job Title: OIT Senior/Lead IT Business Analyst
Location: Frankfort, KY
Duration: Long term indefinite contract
Mode of Interview: ZOOM or WebEx Interviews
- The Senior/Lead IT Business Analyst (BA) will assist the Project Manager (PM) in the management of the project work by facilitating with Business Owners (BO), development team, and business stakeholders as necessary using agile methodologies.
- The Senior BA will elicit business requirements (features & user stories) for incoming project requests.
- The Senior BA will assist in identifying and detailing acceptance criteria for upcoming stories.
- The Senior BA will not only conduct business analysis on their own they will lead other business analysts as they ask business stakeholders probing questions to ensure the development team understands the requested work.
- The Senior BA is expected to understand and master the business processes in order to identify possible enhancements for the business and improve the value to the end user.
- The Senior BA will help make sure that we make the right choices about what features to build, scope those features have and work with the scrum team to see the vision turned into a reality
An ideal candidate will support the OIT project management life cycle by:
- Core Business Analyst skills - gathering requirements, improving requirements and effectively communicating requirements to developers; functional documentation and non-functional documentation; fundamental understanding around user stories and their creation as well as acceptance criteria
- Focus on continuous improvement - on him/herself, the team, processes, etc. Develop, discuss and adapt to those enhancements and changes
- Leadership, mentorship and ability to empower others on the team
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of user stories
- Work closely with the Project Manager and Product Owner to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value
- Employ Agile Scrum practices and lead the effort in defining features, stories and acceptance criteria
- Manage requirements, user stories, use cases, and artifact gathering processes and clearly communicate to the business and technical team members what is needed
- Ask probing questions to fully understand user stories with the ability to provide feedback on possible implications of any and all requests. Accurately and concisely articulate issues, questions, and recommendations to business stakeholders, team members, and management
- Works with the business owners to manage the expectations for project completion
- Learn and understand the “as-is” and “to-be” business processes as needed to ensure all parties are working toward the same goal. Model the expected system interactions, particularly when software is being developed
- Create detailed process diagrams to demonstrate desired functionality to business analyst and development team (as needed)
- Look for gaps in data requirements between what is in place and what is needed. Model the data requirements or work with the appropriate people to ensure that the data will support the new solution
- Look for gaps in non-functional, functional and data requirements between what is in place and what is needed.
- Create story boards of the new user interfaces as needed
- Support the project team by discussing business and technical impacts of and dependencies related to priority decisions
- Work closely with business stakeholders and Quality Assurance (QA) in developing user scenarios as needed
- Work with continuous improvement initiatives to identify and document system recommendations for current and future development. Work with users to update business processes and procedures guidelines
- Works hand in hand with the Product Owner in regard to minimal viable product, priority, scope, deliverable, backlog management
- Expertise in user story creation, refinement and management
- Lead other business analysts in process and development efforts for story creation, refinement and delivery
- Bachelor’s Degree with a focus in IT or equivalent combination of experience/knowledge
- Previous working experience as a Senior Business Analyst for 5-8 years
- 5-10 Years’ experience working with businesses to identify and document IT needs and facilitate solutions
- Experience and comfort with business analysis, requirements definition & vetting
- Expertise and experience with Agile methodologies
- Expertise in Team Foundation Server
- Strong analytical, design and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently/self-reliant and show initiative with minimum supervision
- Ability to quickly learn new technology and apply appropriately to business situations
- Strong team player who enjoys working in a fast paced team atmosphere
- Ability to lead a team of business analysts
- Ability to work under pressure; meet strict deadlines
- Ability to listen effectively and seek clarification
- Proven business analysis skills regarding delivery in agile/scrum software development and implementation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English. Must be able to effectively and comfortably communicate with all types of individuals from the customer technical expert to the customer executive management.