Kentucky State Police is the premier, full service law enforcement agency in the Commonwealth of Kentucky. With the highest level of professionalism and integrity the Kentucky State Police works to prevent, reduce and deter crime and the fear of crime, enhance highway safety through education and enforcement, and safeguard property and protect individual rights.
As a supervisor of the Kentucky State Police Carry and Concealed Deadly Weapons Program, you will be responsible for the operations of background checks including determinations of all licenses, and approval of all National Training courses. The background check program assists with providing accurate information to determine approval, denial or suspensions of Carry and Concealed Deadly Weapons licenses according to KRS 237.110. This program helps to insure that the citizens of the Commonwealth are protected from individuals with a disqualifying criminal history that would preclude their Carry and Concealed Deadly Weapons permit.
- Research background checks and verifies information regarding issuance of Carry Concealed Deadly Weapon (CCDW) licenses.
- Makes determinations whether to approve, deny, revoke, suspend or reinstate CCDW applications, renewals or licenses.
- Responsible for verifying documentation for entry into the Denied Persons Index.
- Responsible for approvals and changes of national training courses.
- Supervises personnel researching CCDW licenses, processing and approving all national training.
- Answers CCDW inquiries from state and local authorities and the public.
- Microsoft Office Knowledge, (Excel and Word)
- Supervisory Skills
- Problem Solving Abilities
- Verbal Communication
- Attention to Detail
- Telephone Skills
If you are interested in a challenging yet rewarding career with the Kentucky State Police we would love to review your application.
EDUCATION: Graduate of a college or university with a bachelor's degree.
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, OR SKILLS: Three years of professional, administrative, or business experience.
Substitute EDUCATION for EXPERIENCE: Additional education will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
Substitute EXPERIENCE for EDUCATION: Additional administrative, business, research, and/or clerical experience will substitute for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (AGE, LICENSURE, REGULATION, ETC.): NONE
Incumbents working in this job title primarily perform duties in an office setting.
This job has an initial and promotional probationary period of 6 months, except as provided in KRS 18A.111.
If you have questions about this advertisement, please contact Erin Banks at Erin.Banks@ky.gov