Lift Operations Assistant Manager (Francestown, NH, US)
Known for its Midnight Madness, Crotched Mountain offers skiers an experience of a lifetime. Recognized among Boston skiers and riders as a place for amazing snow, impeccable grooming and wide open trails. Join us and become part of a team who knows how to have a good time. www.vailresortscareers.com
Share your passion! The Lift Operations Team is looking for a leader who will share contagious enthusiasm for the sport and be able to ignite that passion in both guests and employees. The Assistant Lift Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the lifts, mountain dispatch, and summer grounds maintenance. Which includes safe and efficient operation of all those areas, while leading, supervising and developing a crew with a strong dedication to quality and guest service. Build your team. Operate your lift. Build your career.
AS THE ASSISTANT LIFT OPERATIONS MANAGER YOU WILL:
- Lead and drive the Lift Operations team to create a safe, friendly and efficient team that creates Experiences of Lifetime for employees and guests.
- Work closely and effectively communicate with the Mountain Operations Manager and other members of the Senior Leadership Team to manage all operations that role up to manager throughout the year.
- Supervise, train, coach and assist all staff in the performance of all duties for day and night operations.
- Be responsible for hiring, training, developing, scheduling, reviewing, and disciplinary action/termination for all team members.
- Participate in Vail Resorts Lift Operations best practice groups, senior leadership team meetings, and resort/company special events.
- Manage operational budgets, payroll, and employee schedules.
- Plan for the future development and capital improvements around the property.
- Enhance the guest experience through the responsibility of producing high quality operations team.
- Execute daily operations by making sure all lifts are in operation.
- Encourages a safety culture through implementation of safety Initiatives and programs.
- Responsible for knowledge of OSHA, ANSI regulations and training those expectations to the team.
- Safe and efficient operation of trucks, snowmobiles and a variety of other transport vehicles.
- Provide superior service to our guests (internal and external) at all times. Interact with the guests and respond to all guests in a courteous, efficient manner.
- Assist Ski Patrol with injuries and ensure compliance with all risk management, health and safety protocols
- Assure that all required records are maintained and kept up-to-date. This includes, but is not limited to, all mechanical and operational procedures, maintenance and operations logs, lift failures and incidents and downtime logs.
- Other duties as assigned
- 5 + years previous Lift Operations experience – Required
- 3 – 5 years previous experience leading a large and diverse work force. – Required
- Must be willing to work evenings, holidays and weekends – Required
- Current, valid Driver’s License – Required
- Must be at least 18 years of age – Required
- Flexible schedule required during peak times throughout the year.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of lift systems.
- Ability to manage time, deliver expectations and to thrive in a high-stress, rapid-changing environment
- Strong organization, interpersonal skills and proficient Microsoft Office skills
- Professionalism and strong guest service skills, attention to detail and timeliness
- Ability to work well with others while maintaining a positive attitude
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form (in English) including communicating on the mountain radio
- High School graduation or equivalent – preferred
- Ability to work extended hours in adverse weather conditions, and work overnight when/if necessary
- Ability to shovel, rake, drill snow surfaces
- Weight Lifted: 51-100lbs
- Lifting, Standing, Walking, Climbing/Balance Frequency: 2/3 of the time
- Sitting, Reaching, Stooping, Kneeling, Crouching, Crawling Frequency: 1/3
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 379727