The Awake Overnight Support Staff offers operational, daily and emotional support to individuals in a group home setting during the night and through their morning activities.
Advocates promotes a healthy work-life balance and offers many generous perks of employment and room for advancement. We are a strong-knit community that values the ideas and contributions of our staff.
Are you ready to make a difference?
Minimum Education Required
High School Diploma/GED
Additional Shift Details
- Remain alert and respond to the needs of the individuals, providing a safe and welcoming living environment.
- Assist individuals with home maintenance such as cleaning, cooking and laundry.
- Assist individuals with morning activities as needed, and prepare any items needed for the day. Lift and transfer individuals and provide transportation to day programs and appointments as needed.
- Implement established treatment plans.
- Perform intervention in the event of an individual's crisis.
- Report significant health, psychiatric or behavioral issues to the on-call person in accordance with program procedure.
- Prepare summaries of interaction and objective behavioral observations of individuals at the end of shift; clinical notes and data collection.
- Train individuals in responding to nighttime fire drills, conduct regular drills and ensure the safe evacuation of individuals from the program during a fire or fire drill.
- High School Diploma or equivalent degree.
- Excellent interpersonal, judgement and coaching skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to utilize basic computer applications.
- Desire to thrive in a fast-paced, client-centered, team-oriented environment.
- Must hold a valid driver's license, have access to an operational and insured vehicle and be willing to use it to transport clients.
- Strongly prefer a candidate that will have a demonstrated understanding of and competence in serving culturally diverse populations.
Advocates is an EOE/D/F/M/V.
Why Should I Consider a Career in Human Services?
Our Team members are dedicated to engaging and empowering individuals by forming lasting relationships, collaboratively achieving personal goals, offering creative solutions to everyday and complex situations, and actively listening. We exercise independent judgement and contribute to the overall success and benefit of the Team.
Is Human Services a Fit for Me?
Successful Team members are open-minded, eager and compassionate, and will exercise solid, independent judgement while fostering trustworthy relationships with the individuals that we serve. We put the individual first.
Keywords: direct care, direct support, residential counselor, residential support, group home, group living environment, GLE