Discovery is at the core of everything we do – whether it's a great value, incredible style, or building long-lasting partnerships with people around the world. That's what makes TJX different. You can find it all across our brands: TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, and Homesense. Every one of our brands has one thing in common: environments that are always changing. That's just how we like it. Every day is an opportunity to discover something new about our business, our partnerships, and even about yourself. Come discover what different can mean for you.
Posting Notes: Framingham || MA
Automation Data Engineer
Want to make an impact?
The Automation Data Engineer assists in the research, investigation, testing and potential application of automation and technology with the purpose of reducing labor and material costs, increasing capacity, maintaining or increasing quality, and improving service to stores. Serves as “translator“ between TJX Systems team, TJX Operations and Engineering teams, and technology/Material Handling Equipment vendors. Scope for the automation is within the Marmaxx (MMX) Distribution Centers, but may also include technologies that are applied up or downstream within the supply chain.
Role and Responsibilities
- Maintain current knowledge and market awareness of new technology, trends, and advancements in MHE/supply chain automation through ongoing research (industry press, online groups, academic literature, trade shows, and direct vendor contact). Use knowledge of robotics, AI, machine learning and data analytics to continually investigate technologies for application within the TJX supply chain. Identify technology applications for further study.
- Develop a strong understanding of TJX Distribution material and information process flows, including WMS and LMS data inputs and outputs. Help to facilitate communication between TJX IT Systems and technology providers regarding integration requirements.
- Assist in feasibility studies, financial comparisons and ROI analyses of potential automation technologies. Support pilot testing of new technologies, and assist in business case development for technology adoption. Manage master project schedules for all key phases of automation projects. Assist in post mortem analysis to verify financial and capacity benefits were achieved.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics;
- 1-2 years of experience in data analytics, preferably within the context of robotics, automation or process flow design
- Strong data analytics skills including statistical methods
- Intermediate to expert knowledge in tools such as Excel, Access, SQL, Tableau, Python, R, etc.
- Knowledge of AI and ML fundamentals as they apply to supply chain technology
- Knowledge of data storage and cloud computing
- Process flow mapping and continuous improvement fundamentals
- Data mining and analysis from WMS and LMS sources
- ROI and payback modeling to support investment decisions
Discover Different at TJX means opportunity, teamwork, and career growth. That's why working here is so much more than a job. When you're a part of our TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit group of people that work together to deliver the best value and style in the business. Our inventory is always changing and our approach is continually evolving, which means every day is another chance to Discover Different.
We care about our culture, but we also prioritize the tangible stuff – competitive pay, great benefits, and a great group of people.
We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Posting Notes: Framingham || MA