Senior Software Engineer
We are looking for a talented and motivated Java developer who is interested in designing and developing large scale distributed software systems using innovative technologies, solve complex problems and deliver robust solutions
What you get to do
- You will get to team up with incredibly talented and highly motivated engineers and architects innovating the next generation of Qualys Technology Platform processing over one hundred million transactions and terabytes of data per day.
- As a part of this team, you will be working in a fast-paced environment prototyping, designing, developing, and supporting a highly scalable SaaS-based cloud security platform.
- We leverage open-source technologies to solve challenging problems aligned with the enterprise security business needs
- You will be working on groundbreaking ideas and innovations which will be translated into products as features or new products themselves.
- Research, prototype and develop solutions to innovate and improve Qualys’ technology platform
- Design and implement distributed, scalable, high-performance micro service-based applications
- Produce high-quality software with a scalable architecture and design principles
- Write unit/integration tests for your code
- Document your code, design and provide solutions
- Strong problem solving, analytical and communication skills
- Excellent programming and designing skills in Java with minimum 5-7 years of professional experience developing applications using Spring Boot / micro-services.
- Good understanding of relational databases and/or NoSQL DB, preferably Cassandra
- Professional experience working on indexing technology like Elastic Search and caching technologies like Redis or Memcached
- Good understanding of data structures and algorithms, application design.
- Good understanding of unit/integration test frameworks
- Professional experience developing software using micro services oriented architecture.
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Computer Science
- Knowledge of public cloud providers like AWS/Azure/GCP
- Professional experience with Jenkins, and Kubernetes
- Experience with stream processing technologies like Apache Flink or Spark