Warehouse Bulk Operators working in the Consolidation department are responsible for sorting and delivering bulk orders to holding area until all items have been palletized for customer order. The role is accountable for meeting and exceeding company-wide expectations in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, attendance, attitude/teamwork, and may be cross trained in other areas of Operations as needed.
Scans, sorts, and delivers bulk freight orders to a holding area until all line items have been accounted for and consolidated; transports completed orders to appropriate location. May be called upon to occasionally operate pallet jack, stock chaser, or rider pallet jack with required certification.
Ensures TTI meets or exceeds internal and external customer expectations for quality, cost, and on-time delivery within the areas of assigned responsibility. Meets and exceeds established quality goals in relation to errors measured as “parts per million“ produced and productivity goals as defined by Management. Actively participates in job qualification audits and strictly adheres to all established standard operating procedures.
Maintains acceptable time and attendance based on TTI policies defined by Human Resources and Operations.
Demonstrates a positive “team“ oriented attitude and approach toward all work assignments. Contributes to the ongoing success of the entire Operations team by willingly accepting and embracing “other tasks and duties as assigned“ along with willingness to help the department as a whole. Other measurements of attitude/teamwork include, but are not limited to, effectiveness in working with co-workers, ability to work overtime, sense of urgency within the department, ability to work unsupervised, overall flexibility, and positive attitude focused on delivery of desired results for TTI.
Ensures a safe working environment for self and others by adhering to established safe operating expectations and by following established housekeeping requirements. Immediately notifies management of any observed safety hazards.
Performs FOD (foreign object detection) and location maintenance to ensure 5S standards are maintained.
Actively cross trains in other areas, as required, outside of primary job function.
Starting pay is $12.75 per hour with increases at 90 and 360 days if meeting expectation. In addition to the base pay, this position will receive an additional shift premium of $0.65 per hour.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is required. Prior warehouse experience is preferred.
SKILLS & CERTIFICATIONS
- Positive attitude and team work orientation.
- Detail oriented with strong quality and productivity orientation.
- Energetic and goal focused.
- Good verbal and written English language skills.
- Good organizational and problem solving skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple written work instructions.
- Ability to count accurately and perform simple math.
- Interacts effectively with individuals and groups inside and outside the organization.
- Computer experience preferred.
- Ability to lift, push, pull and move objects up to 50 lbs. on a frequent basis using proper lifting techniques.
- Ability to twist, stoop, squat, bend and reach on a frequent basis.
- Ability to sit, stand and/or walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Arrives on time to work scheduled hours and complete assigned tasks.
- May require an in-house material handling equipment license according to type of equipment being operated.
- Available to work overtime on weekdays and weekends as required.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the international Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). To perform the position, you must be a U.S. Person as defined by ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. Person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e., 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
TTI, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability, veterans' status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a summary of the primary accountabilities and requirements for this position. The company reserves the right to modify or amend accountabilities and requirements at anytime at its sole discretion based on business needs. Any part of this job description is subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.