The VP Pricing is responsible for managing the analysis, modeling, and reporting on factors that impact product pricing, profitability, and cash flow projections. This team member directs and develops a team conducting complex analysis, modeling and reporting, as well as overseeing execution of management decisions on product pricing and programs. This team member is also responsible for constructing recommendations and communicating results to senior management and other constituents. This position will interact with many other departments in the interest of achieving the overall company objectives.
- Oversee the work of a team of AVPs and analysts whose duties include developing and supporting complex models, analysis, and reporting related to product pricing, profitability and cash flow projections.
- Manage ad hoc research projects incorporating project design, data collection and analysis, summarization of findings and presentation of results.
- Oversee execution of management decisions on product pricing and programs.
- Support recommendations for operational policies and procedures; ensure team compliance with such policies and procedures.
- Develop and present recommendations to management in a clear, concise, convincing, and actionable format
- Knowledge of auto finance industry
- Proficient with data mining tools such as Access, SAS and SQL
- Advanced knowledge of financial concepts such as ROA, ROE, IRR and cash flow modeling
- Strong understanding of the sales and credit divisions
- Advanced knowledge of finance, statistics, accounting and/or financial services
- Working knowledge of dealer and reporting systems
- Strong understanding of products and related work processes in area of responsibility
- Strong knowledge of PC software applications such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong quantitative skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Adaptive to a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to apply financial and statistical principles
- Proficient in advanced Excel features such as Pivot tables, VLOOKUP's and creating customized functions
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze and calculate reports based upon researched data
- Effective written and verbal presentation skills
- Ability to communicate well with Senior Management
- Ability to ensure data integrity
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Detail oriented and able to manage multiple tasks/deadlines
- Advanced skills in SAS, SQL and Access
- Bachelor's Degree in Management, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or equivalent required
- Master's Degree in Management, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or equivalent preferred
- 5-7 Years Captive automotive finance experience Preferred
- 7-10 Years of applicable experience, management experience, experience in financial analysis, data mining and statistics and forecasting Required
- Fast-paced office environment;Strong focus on providing quality service to internal and external customers;Limited travel may be required to support business needs