Requisition Number: SRSER01638
The Sr. Service Recovery Analyst is primarily responsible for timely and effective resolution and accurate documentation of consumer complaints received from regulatory entities and the Better Business Bureau, as well as complaints submitted to a company or bank partner executive. The Sr. Service Recovery Analyst will use their authority and sound decision making skills to balance consumer and company interests, and determine how best to resolve issues; sometimes bending or breaking the rules or straying from generally accepted processes to resolve a complaint. Through observation, tracking and analysis, the Sr. Service Recovery Analyst will identify errors, gaps and opportunities, compile data and present compelling arguments to support recommendations for: front line training and knowledge database improvements, product features and enhancements, process improvements, and customer education and self-service tools that will ensure a prime customer experience.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take lead role in accurately and timely researching, resolving, and responding to complaints received from any third party regulatory entity, the BBB, or an attorney general office, while ensuring compliance with the third parties’ stated requirements.
- Take lead role in accurately and timely researching, resolving, and responding to complaints submitted to any company or bank partner executive.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of all aspects of Elevate Products, process, procedures. May receive guidance on complex problems, but independently determines and develops approaches and solutions.
- Work with Legal and Compliance teams to ensure laws, rules and regulations that may impact the business are understood, thoughtfully considered and appropriately applied, particularly regarding regulatory complaint responses.
- Partner with various internal teams and/or contact center staff to determine merit of complaint allegations.
- Evaluate internal business processes as they relate to complaint activities and recommend solutions for identified errors, gaps, and opportunities).
- Identify opportunities to ensure a prime customer experience and champion these efforts in the day-to-day activities of the organization. Recommend and assist in changes to best practices.
- Review and approve (as applicable) complaint logs, to ensure the quality processes associated with product complaint handling, procedures, and controls to ensure that all complaints are processed in accordance with company procedures and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Partner with Sr. Analyst, Leadership and internal business partners in the evaluation of complaints, including assessment, investigation, containment, review, approval and determination of on-going needs.
- Prepare and present complaint monitoring and trending data analysis for management review.
- Develop key performance indicators, alerting requirements, and supporting metrics, to proactively inform various internal Leadership teams.
- Communicate complaint adverse trends and potential issues to senior management and internal/external departments such as Compliance, Product, Legal, Bank Partners.
- Keep abreast of latest advisories, alerts, and vulnerabilities pertaining to Elevate and its mission.
- Mentor junior members of the Service Recovery team.
- Serve as the subject matter expert during complaint related meetings and/or internal/external audits.
- Perform other assigned duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work history.
- Minimum of 4+ years of customer service and/or complaint escalation/resolution experience (in regulated industry preferred); with demonstrated ability to calm and de-escalate sensitive customer situations with empathy, understanding, and calm resolve.
- Proven outstanding oral and written communication skills; ability to compose correspondence to communicate with applicable tone and intent, proper sentence structure, grammar, and spelling.
- Demonstrated understanding of the products offered by the business and a familiarity with the processes used to deliver them.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Solid research skills including gathering and analyzing information or data from multiple sources, differentiating critical from non-critical information, and making actionable recommendations.
- Strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills with the ability to think under pressure, evaluate alternatives, identify innovative solutions, and make actionable recommendations.
- Outstanding organizational and planning skills with ability to prioritize workload, manage multiple competing tasks, and provide appropriate follow-up/through.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships through strong interpersonal skills and consistent demonstration of solid professional judgment and principled behavior.
- Ability to provide leadership through example, active influence, inspiration, collaboration and teamwork.
- Ability to work independently, with little direction and supervision.
- Ability to communicate across all levels of organization.
- Passion: an innate care and concern for the customer and a passion for ensuring customers and their experience with our products are our number one priority.
- Ethics and Responsibility: Acts with dignity and respect, expressing empathy, care and compassion towards customer frustrations while upholding and maintaining company integrity.
- Flexibility/Adaptability: Demonstrates adaptability. Works effectively in faces of stress, ambiguity, difficult situations and changing priorities. Champion of change through their support of the company’s ongoing efforts to resist the status quo.
- Ownership: Achieve successful results by focusing on performance that enhances the customer experience and apply a sense of urgency in your efforts to create value for the company. Is proactive in identifying opportunities for improvement in process, policies and customer service solutions.
- Teamwork: Builds effective working relationships and collaborates as a team player, using positive flow of communication when voicing concerns.