Sr. Materials and Operations Program Mgr
As the Global Manufacturing Operations team for Amazon Devices, we define and maintain our manufacturing infrastructure worldwide. We target to maximize supply flexibility for our Customers, while maintaining a best-in-class quality bar and minimizing our capex footprint. We will surpass expectations by developing, engineering and installing manufacturing solutions as we closely cooperate with internal and external stakeholders. Our achievements are measured against time-to-market, quality and cost.
Key job responsibilities
- Manage product cost and drive cost reductions through negotiations with suppliers
- Manage efforts to localize sourcing and qualifications of key BOM components to reduce inbound logistics costs and diversify supply chain.
- Collaborate with Device Global Logistics (DGL) to create innovative material shipping options with improved efficiency.
- Work with engineering and the supply chain team to set program cost targets at a commodity level for your project
- Track the program actual costs versus target to identify program deltas and corrective actions to bring back on track
- Establish and execute operations strategies and plans
- Plan, direct and coordinate manufacturing activities in support of company goals and objectives
- Lead cross-functional teams in factory readiness of high volume product launches till the end of product life
- Use statistical techniques to verify the effectiveness of team generated solutions
- Ensure quality of work through all phases of production
- Be able to work with other organizations, and build strong relationships within Amazon and with CM.
- Ensure compliance to corporate social standards.
A day in the life
The position is for a talented and highly motivated Sr. Materials and Operations Program Manager of Manufacturing supporting Lab126 located in the United States. This program manager will be responsible for the quality, cost and delivery of market leading and high impact consumer electronics at contract manufacturer (CM) site.
About the team
You will be a part of the program team and mainly be responsible for BOM cost and PO accuracy, supporting product cost reductions, local supplier qualifications, managing tooling budget and capacity, managing mass production & delivery of high quality products to customers.
· Bachelor's Degree
· 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
· Experience with end to end product delivery
· Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
· Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
- Bachelor’s Degree required or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum ten (10) years program or factory material and operations experience in a manufacturing environment or working with CM partners
- High level leadership and decision-making skills
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills in English (Mandarin, Spanish a plus)
- Knowledgeable in lean methodology and demonstrated ability in goal setting
- Good negotiation skills
- Program management in supply chain and operations
- Proven track record implementing quality programs with spirit of continuous improvement
- Ability to implement robust corrective actions using 8D format
- Good vision, analytical, process oriented and strong problem solving skills
- Detailed knowledge of product development processes as well as a strong understanding of manufacturing and supplier processes.
- Experience managing BOM cost and driving product cost reductions through negotiations and component qualifications.
- Engineering degree preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.)
- Experience in lean manufacturing
- Be able to report on site performance against goals.
- Experience planning, budgeting and tracking capex equipment and tooling
- Demonstrated experience meeting financial targets
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.