“SIGN-ON BONUS - $10.000“
Texas Health Fort Worth seeks to hire a Registered Nurse to work Full Time in the Medical Progressive Care Unit.
The address is 1304 Pennsylvania Ave; Fort Worth TX 76104
Salary range is Min. $26.50/hr. to Max. $50.82/hr. – based on relevant experience
- Shift is 7:00 pm - 7:00 am, full-time, (3)12-hour shifts, weekends and holidays required
Texas Health Fort Worth, a Magnet designated Hospital, is conveniently located close to downtown Fort Worth. Our Medical Surgical PCU Department (17 beds) provides an intermediate level of care to a wide variety of medical and surgical patients at a 4:1 patient to nurse ratio.
This patient population includes patient diagnosis such as arrhythmia's, myocardial infarctions, congestive heart failure, stroke, diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA), EKOS (extremities), and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
The essential job duties of this position are:
Delivers care to patients utilizing the Nursing Process
- assesses the patient
- plans the care of the patient
- intervenes as appropriate
- evaluates the effectiveness of interventions
- Incorporates age specific safety/infection control measures into patient care.
- Initiates action to meet patient and/or significant others need for information
- Maintains continuity of patient care inter-shift, inter-hospital, and while expediting out of hospital transfers
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
- Associate’s Degree in Nursing required; BSN preferred; Completion of BSN within two years of earliest start date in a Texas Health RN role is required
- Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire
- BCLS (AHA) upon hire - expiration date greater than 3 months preferred
- ACLS (AHA) upon hire
- CPI training within 60 days of hire
- One (1) year experience as a clinical nurse or completion of an RN residency program
- PCU/Telemetry and Med/Surg experience (at least 2 years) preferred
- Computer skills
- Possesses a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism. Serve as a role model, be an intra/interdisciplinary collaborator and a coordinator for quality patient care.
- A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment is required.
Why Texas Health Resources
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth is a 726-bed, Magnet-designated regional referral center that has served the residents of Tarrant County and surroundings communities since 1930. Hospital services include cardiovascular care, high-risk obstetrics, gynecology, orthopedics and sports medicine, neonatal intensive care, and trauma/emergency medicine. In early 2014, Texas Health Fort Worth will be opening a new 75,000 square foot Emergency Services Center, one of the largest in the region. Texas Health Fort Worth has more than 4,000 employees, 200 volunteers and nearly 1,000 physicians on its medical staff. Texas Health Fort Worth recently received national recognition for its oncology program and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Tarrant County. The hospital is also a designated Cycle III Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
- 2019 Becker's Healthcare “150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare“ (5th year in a row)
- A 2019 Companies that Care list by People magazine and Great Place to Work®
- 2019 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
- A 2019 “America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes