Program Manager III CPI2
Elbit Systems of America is a leading provider of high performance products, system solutions, and support services focusing on the defense, homeland security, commercial aviation, and medical instrumentation markets. With facilities throughout the United States, Elbit Systems of America is dedicated to supporting those who contribute daily to the safety and security of the United States. Elbit Systems of America, LLC is wholly owned by Elbit Systems Ltd. (NASDAQ: ESLT and TASE: ESLT), a global high technology company engaged in a wide range of programs for innovative defense and commercial applications. For additional information, visit: www.elbitsystems-us.com or follow us on Twitter.
- Scope: The Program Manager III (PgM-3) represents a high level of experience and expertise in the Elbit Systems of America, LLC career path in program management. The successful candidate will have seven-to-ten years of relevant program management experience or demonstrated the knowledge, skills and abilities to manage all facets of one-or-more deployment, design and development, production and/or pass-through, etc. programs at the Program Manager III level. The Program Manager III reports to the Director of Tactical Communications and is responsible for achieving external and internal customer satisfaction, uniquely empowered to make decisions related to the program/project scope of work, and performance acceptability decisions, and is responsible for accomplishing program objectives or production requirements through the use of any mix of in-house, contract or reimbursable support resources by leading the management and oversight of Integrated Program Teams (IPT).
- Demonstrate leadership through effective interpersonal, managerial, communication and organizational skills.
- Display strong communication skills in the areas of negotiation, writing, and decision briefing
- Facilitate open communication and collaboration with suppliers, functional organizations, leadership and customers and maintain awareness of their issues and concerns
- Build strong partnerships, utilizes and supports aligning business objectives and strategy with the Elbit C4I division.
- Leverage organic technologies, research and development and solutions from Elbit Systems of America and Elbit Systems Limited
- Create and communicate a compelling vision that generates excitement, enthusiasm, and commitment among team members in support of the business strategic vision
- Use Elbit Systems of America Business Acquisition Processes for business capture and proposal preparation
- Assist in the development of an on-going 5-year strategic roadmap supporting new business in this area
- Identify, assess and develop new opportunities to fill the business development pipeline
- Support business pursuits and capture lead activities
- May act as capture lead for small and/or large opportunities in conjunction with VP of the business unit
- Identify all relevant program stakeholders and actively engage them in planning, execution and control of the program.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with customers; both internal and external.
- Understand DoD regulations, policies, process and acquisition lifecycle phases
- Scope of work development and adherence
- Create and use different cost estimating methodologies to develop basis of estimates and Performance Measurement Baseline
- Create, review and approve proposal and program documentation such as work breakdown structure, program cost and schedule baseline, risk management plan, budget estimates, estimates to complete, basis of estimate, program management plan and contract data deliverables.
- Organize work, set priorities, and determine resource requirements, determine short- and long-term goals and strategies to achieve them.
- Apply Integrated Product Team and process development concepts and processes necessary to effectively lead and participate in an IPT for successful program execution
- Apply the principles of earned value management methods and tools to assess a program’ s health including the establishment of an integrated baseline; gauging progress against the cost, schedule and contract baseline and guide the IPT through alternatives as program requirements or cost, schedule, and performance change.
- Apply qualitative and quantitative tools to support problem solving and decision making.
- Follow the principles, methods, and tools of quality assurance and quality control used to ensure a products and or programs fulfills functional requirements and contract obligations
- Achieve “Very Good” or higher ratings on Contractor Performance Assessment Report (CPAR).
- Apply best practices in program and project management to ensure projects: (1) are completed on time and within budget and scope, (2) produce a quality product and (3) result in customer satisfaction
- Develop an in-depth understanding of program documentation, requirements, expectations and deliverables, i.e. the RFP, proposal, contract, SOW, assumptions, constraints and CDRLs.
- Plan, execute, monitor, control and close assigned program/program phases
- Implement best practices in team building and provide the leadership needed to produce successful program results.
- Conduct program kick off meetings (KoM).
- Create and maintain a Program Management Plan (PMP) for each assigned program.
- Ensure Work Breakdown Structures are created and maintained for each assigned program.
- Ensure program schedules are created, monitored and have weekly status updates.
- Prepare and present program management reviews as scheduled for internal management and external customers.
- Conduct regularly-scheduled, productive, team meetings using best practices in meeting facilitation.
- Ensure the program team documents lessons learned on a regular basis throughout the life of the program to include program phase completion and program closure.
- Ensure meeting minutes for team and customer meetings are created, made available and filed appropriately in project/program folders on the EFW server.
- Adhere to applicable ITAR, TINA, FAR, Export Compliance, EMD, Safety, and Security requirements.
- Apply risk management techniques including mitigation plans and steps to minimize cost, schedule and performances impacts and assess the feasibility of alternative investment approaches.
- Monitor performance to ensure compliance with contractual requirements.
- Monitor product quality, design and technology to ensure consistency with contractual requirements.
- Ensure deliverables are prepared and thoroughly reviewed for completeness, accuracy and quality before submitting them to the customer.
- Manage program budgets & schedules; track and report cost and team hours on a regular basis.
- Create, maintain and present Program Scorecards
- Create and maintain a program action item log as well as track all action items to completion.
- Position calls for a Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Engineering with 5+ years of related experience
- PMI PMP certification and or DoD / DHS Acquisition PM level II or III
- Ability to obtain a US security clearance required
- Understanding of DoD budgeting and acquisition process
- Master’s degree in Business/National Security Affairs a plus
- Minimum 5 years’ experience can include military experience
- Thorough understanding of complex government processes and procedures
- Previous Military experience preferred
- Ability to present/receive technical briefing to/from senior government officials
- Strong influencing skills and ability to build alliances.
- Cost, Schedule and Risk Management
- Earned Value Management
- Knowledge of export/import regulations (ITAR, etc.)
- Functional/Technical Skills in RF communication systems, Command and Control systems, and Computers and related applications
- Adaptive behavior and work methods in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles; effectively deal with ambiguity
- Strategic planning experience
- Negotiation Skills
- Relationship Building
- Presentation Skills
- Communication with interpersonal and analytical skills Comfort around higher management
- Time Management
- Action Orientated
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required (Unique and Measurable):
- Excellent knowledge of DOD procurement practices
- Excellent knowledge of Army/DOD C4I market history and current trends
- Excellent knowledge in US DOD RF communication systems, Command and Control systems, and Computers and related applications, AFATDS, FBCB2
- Excellent knowledge of program management methods and Earned Value Management.
- Excellent knowledge of contracts: fixed price, cost plus and time and materials.
- Excellent skill in time management, meeting facilitation and problem-solving.
- Excellent skill in the use of MS Office, Visio, Outlook, and Project applications.
- Excellent ability to clearly communicate ideas verbally and in writing.
- Excellent ability to create and give program management review presentations.
- Excellent ability to negotiate and apply tact and diplomacy with internal/external customers and foreign personnel.
- Excellent ability to work independently in building and then leading an integrated product team.
- Demonstrated ability to complete programs successfully; within scope, on time, within budget and delivering a quality product to the customer’s satisfaction.
As a contractor to the U.S. federal government, all Elbit Systems of America employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. As a result, full vaccination is required for this position unless you are legally entitled to an accommodation.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.