Location: DFW Headquarters Building 8 (DFW-SV08)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 34555
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you'll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you'll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you'll love this job
This job is a member of the Merchandising Strategy team within the Digital Customer Experience department. The Product Manager of the Merchandising Strategy Team is responsible for working closely with the product team (UX, IT, Product Planning) to drive the strategy and implementation of American's ancillary plans. This team member will be a change agent within the Digital Customer Experience Division to help design, develop and implement ancillaries across multiple platforms (SSM, AACoRN, QIK, aa.com, among others), while setting portfolio objectives, tracking outcomes, holding stakeholders accountable, and communicating results and learnings.
What you'll do
- Align objectives of ancillary product(s) with corporate objectives and manage and optimize outcome across all relevant business stakeholders
- Collaborate with Revenue Management & IT on defining product strategy which can include creation of new products and enhancements to existing products and involves relevant stakeholders (Airport Operations, Distribution, Loyalty, Marketing, Accounting, Corporate Communications etc.) in discovery and framing of the ancillary roadmap
- Know and share ancillary domain knowledge, including market insights, customer/user definition, competitive positioning, industry trends, etc.
- Develop subject matter expertise for products
- Accountable for measuring and reporting out defined business objectives, key results and customer outcomes that define success (OKRs)
- Collaborate with the product team (UX, IT, Product Planning) and coordinates with internal and external stakeholders to understand, prioritize, and define customer and business needs
- Oversees and prioritizes new features in the product roadmap by driving changes, defining features and ensuring delivery teams have all needed requirements
- Defines and leads governance for business requirement gathering and participates in program ceremonies pertaining to the product(s)
- Plays the lead role in driving product delivery
- Define, manage & prioritize backlog including technical debt, new features and defects based on OKR's and set roadmap
- Builds consensus and communicates progress
- Ensures and tracks business readiness (training, communication and marketing etc.) for new features or initiatives
- Collaborates with Analytics and leads the way in incorporating more/better data into our product discovery and definition processes, and defines and analyzes metrics that inform product success & health
- Personally makes key tradeoff decisions when required, smartly using data when it exists and solid judgement when it doesn't
All you'll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field or equivalent experience/training
- Experience in working with external vendors to define business requirements and manage implementation
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- MBA degree
- Experience in Product Development/Management with a sound understanding of product lifecycle
- Experience managing or being part of digital transformation
- Agile experience, or working with Agile teams, a plus
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
- Ability to effectively analyze, and concisely present findings and strategies to senior leadership
- Ability to quickly absorb technical concepts and communicate them to a non-technical audience
- Ability to identify product / project KPIs and conduct analysis to measure success of business objectives
- Highly developed interpersonal skills demonstrated through experience developing and growing internal, external and cross-functional relationships
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage competing priorities and deadlines
- Knowledge of Sabre PSS, Airline inventory management system and American Airlines Ancillary product offerings
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
What you'll get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you'll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that's just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that's why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
Feel Free to be yourself at American
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life's journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 34555
Nearest Major Market: Fort Worth
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Job Segment: Corporate Communications, Manager, Marketing Manager, Product Manager, Marketing, Management, Operations