• Design and development of Intraocular Lens Delivery Systems including design and development of new components, products, processes and tooling.
• Plans, conducts and provides technical direction to one or more projects of major importance and difficulty where the complexity of the technical problems involved requires the application of advanced engineering knowledge.
• Provides technical advice and recommendations to influence internal and/or external contacts. Internal interaction interpretation of complex information; external interaction mainly requires exchange of factual information.
• Audience may be outside own area and unfamiliar with subject.
• Works with multifunctional teams and users to define user needs and product requirements
• Leads concept generation, selection and CAD modeling of novel intraocular lens delivery systems and components.
• Writes test protocols and execute and/or manage prototype test execution for components and devices.
• Learns and becomes proficient in the Alcon product design process.
• Leads completion of DFMEA, critical quality attribute (CQA), user needs, and product requirements documents.
• Performs and or manages RSS and Six Sigma tolerance analysis of IOL delivery system assemblies.
• Creates and/or manages the generation of detailed product drawings.
• May lead design reviews and review action items
• Ensures regulatory / statutory / legislative compliance for all project work.
• Designs test fixtures, protocols, and Gauge R&Rs for design verification testing.
• Leads execution of design verification testing.
• Drives completion of human factors formative and summative studies.
• Has autonomy to propose alternatives but normally follows a specified course of action
• Acts as a mentor in the engineering organization
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an email to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters: If you’d like to view a copy of the Alcon’s affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
• Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent years of directly related experience (or high school +13yrs; Assoc.+9yrs; M.S.+2yrs; PhD+0yrs)
• The ability to fluently read, write, understand and communicate in English
• 5+ Years of Relevant Experience
• Applies depth and expertise as a generalist or specialist to solve major, complex technical issues.
• Proven ability to develop solutions for complex problems that require the regular use of creativity and originality.
• Interacts with senior management on complex matters.
• Advanced knowledge of ISO, FDA, MDD and regulations applicable to the design and development of medical device/science/technology.
• Excellent process management, problem solving skills and presentation capabilities.
• Provides detailed advice or instruction and recommends adaptations to processes.
NON-NVS AL RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT
Fort Worth, TX
Alcon Research, LLC.
Research & Development