Sally Beauty is the world's largest wholesale and retail distributor of beauty supplies and we have over 3,300 stores carrying over 7,000 professional products for our customers. We have an exciting oportunity at our brand new state of the art facility opening soon! Conveniently located 5-10 minutes from Texas Motor Speedway in the Alliance Business Park on I-35W.
We are currently searching for a Picker/Packer to join our growing team. This job consists of one or more duties involving the efficient picking and packing, handling and the timely movement of stock in and out of pack/pick locations. Primary goal is to move product safely with minimal damage while maximizing productivity. Detailed Standard Operating Procedures exist for tasks performed by this job in the following areas: Order Pulling, Packing Orders, Stocking, Special Operations – Deal Breaks & RGA processing.
- May complete the activity of Radio Frequency or paper-based picking which requires the use of different types of equipment to complete this process, including obtaining and transferring product from various locations throughout the distribution center.
- May package and ship products to either the stores or salons and may be required to work within the Hospital QA Lane, Packing Lane, Store Sorting, UPS Line, as well as Wrap Stage and loading.
- May complete the activity of Special Operations which includes tasks such as the deal break process or breaking down product deal packages into their components.
- May be responsible for the RGA process in Special Operations which involves the processing of product returns through the distribution center. Inspects the returned product for piece count and damage and compares it to the accompanying paperwork.
- May stock products/items using different types of equipment to complete the process. May include the “picking and placing“ of product from various locations throughout the distribution center.
- Ensures all areas of work are done accurately to ensure optimal customer service.
- Maintains a safe work environment, performs job functions in a safe manner, and reports any potential job hazards to management, including maintaining good housekeeping practices.
- Maintains productivity related to standards based on assigned task.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested by management.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least 2 years in a distribution/warehouse environment or equivalent work experience
- Must know and be able to perform Picker/Packer 1 job
- Basic computer skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with the capability to adjust to change and interruptions
- Ability to work with limited supervision
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, age, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability or other categories protected by law.