JPS Health Network is a $950 million, tax-supported health care system for Tarrant County in North Texas. Licensed for 578 beds, the network includes an acute care hospital and more than 40 community-based clinics, including 19 school-based clinics. John Peter Smith Hospital is home to Tarrant County's first and only Level 1 Trauma Center, its only psychiatric emergency services site and has the largest hospital-based family medicine residency program in the nation. Our network employs more than 6,500 people.
Acclaim is our multispecialty medical practice group. Acclaim has over 300 providers serving the JPS Health Network in specialties ranging from primary care to general surgery and trauma. The Acclaim group has been formed around a common set of incentives and expectations supporting the operational, financial and clinical performance
- utcomes of the network. Our goal is to provide high quality, compassionate clinical care for every patient, every time.
For more information, visit www.jpshealthnet.org.
To view all job vacancies, visit www.jobs.jpshealthnet.org/ or www.teamacclaim.org.
Patient Care Support
JPS Patient Care Pavilion
TBD-To be determined
Description: The Multi Skilled Technician performs technical and clerical duties associated with the care and treatment of patients.
- Performs basic patient care with consideration for age and development stage.
- Assist with patient care in a way that minimizes the risk of transfer of infection, accidental contamination, and protects the patient from injury or harm.
- Obtains and records vital signs, I/O's, weights, basic ECG monitoring, venipuncture's, bedside testing, and documents in the patients record as directed by the licensed personnel.
- Delivers and obtains items from other areas of the hospital as required.
- Prepares and assists with admissions, discharges, procedures, ambulating and transfers of patients.
- Assists in monitoring adequate availability and stocking of supplies and equipment according to established PAR levels.
- Performs clerical functions (fax, copier, computer, printer; insurance coding, patient charges, and telephone).
- Monitors patients with restraints or on suicide precautions and documents as directed.
- Maintains a safe, clean work environment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 1 plus years of experience in recording vital signs, I/O's, weights, basic ECG monitoring, venipuncture's, bedside testing, patient transport and/or patient record documentation.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Completion of an accredited medical training program (e.g. EMT-B/I, EMT-P, CMA, CNA, etc.).
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
- Current Nurse Assistant certification from the Texas Department of Public Health (CNAs only).
- Current certification from a national registry as a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA).
- Current State of Texas registration (EMT).
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) – CPR Certification
- Must have current licensure, certification, or registration relative to the discipline used to qualify for the position and must be maintained throughout employment.
- Completion of Area Specific Competency Based Orientation Program within the first 90 days of employment.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Completion of basic ECG, Phlebotomy, or Medical Terminology courses.
- Graduated from an accredited nursing school.
1575 S. Main Street
Fort Worth, Texas, 76104