A career within External Audit services, will provide you with the opportunity to provide a range of Assurance services and business advice to a variety of clients from small, fast growing clients to large entities. Our clients are often well known brands and many have broad international reach. We focus on using the latest technology to reduce the level of manual testing ensuring you'll focus on the most valuable areas of client service and on enhancing corporate governance and the reliability of our clients' information.
To really stand out and make us ?t for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Pursue opportunities to develop existing and new skills outside of your comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent effective team working, even during times of change and uncertainty.
- Coach others and encourage them to take ownership of their development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Develop a perspective on key global trends, including globalisation, and how they impact the firm and our clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties
- Focus on building trusted relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
The Assurance Centers of Excellence (COE) provides a career opportunity within our external audit practice to virtually lead & execute specific audit areas from scoping through completion. COEs directly support engagement teams, performing specifically identified audit areas across a portfolio of clients using the latest technology. In the COE you will focus on highly judgmental areas of the audit requiring subject matter insight to enhance the reliability of our clients' information.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Required Fields of Study:
Minimum Years of Experience:
5 year(s) Must have worked for PwC Assurance in an External Audit capacity for no less than one year in the last 5 years.
CPA License. International hires are required to hold the equivalent accounting certification in the selected individual's home country. Hires from a PwC affiliate firm must meet the credential requirements for a PwC US manager in that PwC affiliate firm.
CPA license in work office state
Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success in Generally Accepted Accounting Principles in the United States (U.S. GAAP), United States Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (U.S. GAAS) and the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) standards, emphasizing an in-depth, extensive understanding - for the respective industry - of the applicable business and accounting issues, and technical accounting and financial reporting standards.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader and team member within the US Assurance practice of a global network of professional services consulting firms, including, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Whole Leadership: being agile and adaptive to working on a virtual global team,pursuing opportunities to develop existing and new skills, which are outside of my comfort zone; maintaining positive energy in the face of obstacles or when dealing with complexity; and, acting to resolve issues, which prevent effective team working, even during times of change and uncertainty.
- Global Acumen: maintaining a fresh perspective on global and cross-cultural issues; maintaining relationships with the SDC; developing a perspective on key global trends, including globalization, and how they impact on client challenges; and, sowing my cultural dexterity by modifying my behavior to the environment.
- Relationships: reacting positively and providing well reasoned and self-assured responses, even when challenged; managing a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and creating positive outcomes for all parties; and, managing the expectations of my clients/engagement teams, seeking and acting on feedback.
- Business Acumen: incorporating up-to-date technology/technology developments in my work; seeking opportunities to add value to client/engagement team account planning; and, promoting new ideas and services by applying knowledge of the industry/sector and societal trends to create value for clients, PwC and broader stakeholders.
- Technical Capabilities: driving the development of the audit approach for audit areas in scope of the COE, building my knowledge of the firm's service offerings related to my area of specialization; seeking new learning opportunities to stay technical and relevant; identifying and sharing learnings at the end of a project; and, addressing sub-standard work or work which does not meet the firm's/clients expectations.
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success in automation & digitization in a professional services environment including: innovating through new and existing technologies, along with experimenting with digitization solutions; working with large, complex data sets to build models and leverage data visualization tools to provide insights to clients/engagement teams; and, utilizing digitization tools to reduce hours and optimize engagements.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.