An internship in the Lending department is designed to gain understanding of credit analysis, on all types of business loans, and provide support to the Lending Department through both on-the-job and formal training. Additionally, the intern will receive insight into various departments of the bank and how they operate together to provide comprehensive service to our customers.
Observes the actions of Loan Officers and Credit Analysts. Gains understanding of underwriting a commercial loan as well as insight on the approval and portfolio management processes. Reviews the financial statements of companies of different sizes and complexities, operating in different industries. Performs industry research. Learns to effectively interact with officers and develop strong oral and written skills. Performs analysis commensurate with experience level and begins to formulate quality questions to enhance the underwriting of the loan request.
- Must be enrolled in a University or College, preferably in a four-year program majoring in Accounting, Finance or Economics.
- Should be in good standing at their University or College.
- Excellent PC skills, including word processing and spreadsheets via Microsoft Office products as well as custom applications and systems.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Candidates should demonstrate excellent customer service and teamwork skills through previous work experience, other internships and/or extracurricular activities.
About the Company
At PlainsCapital Bank, we've always had a trailblazing spirit. PlainsCapital Bank was founded in 1988 by current Chairman Alan B. White and a group of young bankers who dreamed of bringing relationship banking to their hometown of Lubbock, Texas. With the acquisition of Plains National Bank, a Lubbock financial institution with one branch and $198.8 million, they began growing the bank one relationship at a time.
Today, PlainsCapital Bank is one of the largest banks in Texas based on deposit market share. We have a statewide presence with more than 60 locations in all major Texas markets. We are a strong and stable financial institution and a trusted community partner. We take pride in helping our customers blaze trails of their own, whether launching or expanding a business, raising a family, or moving into retirement. Our diverse range of services includes commercial banking, treasury management, private banking, and wealth management, as well as consumer banking.
To learn more, please visit us online at plainscapital.com/about.