We are pioneers. We were the first to break the sound barrier and to design the first functional jetpack. We were aboard NASA's first lunar mission and brought advanced tiltrotor systems to market. Today, we are defining the future of on-demand mobility. At Bell, we are proud to work for an iconic company with superb talent, rapidly creating novel and coveted vertical lift experiences.
- Form a variety of complicated parts from flat stock or partly machined formed material by finis hammering with or without the use of form blocks.
- Forms experimental or first run parts working from blueprints, sketches or verbal instructions.
- May be required to use precision instruments in laying out and checking work.
- Removes dents, wrinkles, distortions, oilcans, etc.; required to operate brake, roll, saw, etc., to cut and form metal.
- Forms and fits related parts and prepares for weld assemblies.
- Makes work aids and templates as required.
- Uses a variety of methods of heating to preheat material to facilitate forming.
- Lays out, cuts, forms, drills, reams and assembles metal parts of complicated nature.
- Makes sample or experimental or production parts, using blueprints, templates, engineering orders or sketches with or without tools.
- May improvise work aids and temporary tooling necessary to fabricate first run parts.
- May drill, trim and fit mating parts.
Tools & Equipment Used:
- Mechanics hand tools, shears, drills, presses, torch, hammers, dolly blocks, mallets, sand bags, form blocks, air hammer, brakes, rolls, saws, other sheet metal working tools and equipment, and precision measuring instruments as required.
Experience & Other Requirements:
- Three years of related experience.
Don't miss the chance to join a diverse, inclusive environment that embodies one of our core values, Lift Each Other Up. As a member of our global workforce, you will collaborate with dedicated, enthusiastic teams where differences in experiences, backgrounds and ideas combined with a strong passion for our products take us above and beyond flight.