Sally Beauty is the world's largest wholesale and retail distributor of beauty supplies and we have over 3,300 stores carrying over 7,000 professional products for our customers. We have an exciting oportunity at our brand new state of the art facility opening soon! Conveniently located 5-10 minutes from Texas Motor Speedway in the Alliance Business Park on I-35W.
We are currently searching for a Forklift Operator to join our growing team. This job consists of operating manual or electric powered equipment in order to complete the process of at least one of the following: receiving, picking, packing, stocking, or shipping of products. Primary goal is to move product safely with minimal damage while maximizing productivity. Detailed Standard Operating Procedures exist for tasks performed by this job in the following areas: Receiving, Order Pulling, Shipping and Stocking.
- May complete the activity of Radio Frequency or paper-based picking which requires the use of different types of equipment to complete this process and includes the obtaining and transferring product from various locations throughout the distribution center.
- May complete the activity of shipping which requires the use of different types of equipment to complete this process and will include the weighing, loading/stacking of materials onto trucks.
- May complete the activity of receiving in products from various vendors which will require the use of different types of equipment to complete the process and will include the unloading, stacking, and storage of product during and after the receiving process.
- May stock products/items which require the use of different types of equipment to complete the process and will include obtaining and transferring product from various locations throughout the distribution center, along with pick up from the receiving staging area.
- Ensures all areas of work are done accurately to ensure optimal customer service.
- Maintains a safe work environment, performs job functions in a safe manner, and reports any potential job hazards to management, including maintaining good housekeeping practices.
- Maintains productivity related to standards based on assigned task.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested by management.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least 2 years' experience in a distribution/warehouse environment or equivalent work experience including the operation of heavy equipment
- Must know and be able to perform Fork Lift Operator 1 job
- Basic computer skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with the capability to adjust to change and interruptions
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Must be able to become certified through the Sally Beauty Lift Truck Training Program in order to efficiently and safely operate a forklift within the time frame specified by management
- Must be able to maintain neat and accurate records
- Must be skilled in basic arithmetic and have ability to read and interpret orders, product description, and/or numbers in the English language
- Operates all lift equipment in a safe manner to ensure personal protection and to ensure the protection of other personnel and company property
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, age, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability or other categories protected by law.